Help please - not sure what to do

reginafilangie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope I don't get a slap on the wrist for posting this here (in addition to posting it in the Capital One section) but I was hoping for a wider audience and also thought other people other than Cap One customers might be interested in this or even offer an insight??? I have a feeling other companies may follow their lead. OK, here it is....

I sent me prelim letter to Crap One last week asking for nearly £900 in charges - They have until Friday 15 to respond. Got a letter off them today.....

"Sorry you feel this way....you signed the agreement which included the fees.... As you're probably aware, the OFT are not challenging the right of banks to charge default fees, but merely the level of those fees. Although we feel £20 is just a fee [just a fee? What on earth are they on:evil: ??!!] we have reduced our fees to £12 so that we're in line with our competitors. I appreciate that you have incurred charges at a higher rate and we'd like to address this [how nice of them!]. I've reveiwed your account and as a matter of goodwill i'd like to reduce the fees we've already added to your account to £12 each. So I can do these refunds totalling £328, please sign and return the settlement form i've included. Once I get this back i'll add the refunds to your account. ........Once again, i'm sorry to hear you've had doubts about our integrity but I hope i've restored your faith in us today[!!!!!!:shock: ]"

What should I do now? I don't want to settle on this but i'm worried if I get to court i'll have to go all the way and if that happens its just my luck that the judge will agree with them that they've refunded the difference so i've ended up [eventually] paying a "lawful" amount.

Any help would be most appreciated. Has anyone else had this sort of offer (not just a partial offer which I know a lot of people get, but one that consists of the difference between their old unlawful charges and the new lawful ones) and said no thanks I want it all, and actually won???? Thanks

standard fob -off letter hoping you'll go away.The status quo still applies.Pursue them for the lot after thanking them for their part payment.

And don't get too worried about court-they haven't even got near a court yet,and that is highly unlikely to change.

so don't panic..... :D

Don't get too worried about court-capital one have NEVER defended a case yet.If they can't prove to you that their charges amount to a genuine pre-estimate of costs,they are screwed-and the same goes for all the rest.Read through the capital one threads in the other institutions section.

You'll see what I mean.....