What address for taking DVLA to court ?

kevincharles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

l finally picked up the forms from the county court to take the DVLA to court for wrongly accusing my car of being parked on a public road when it was parked in a pvt carpark.

This was all accepted byt eh DVLA in court last yr and the case was thrown out due to no evidence.

Now l have to claim back the clamping fee l paid to have removed by the DVLA that day.

My Question is :

which address do l put down for the DVLA on the small claims county court form???

is it possibly the local address that was shown on the original court summons to me? which is * Station road, Sidcup..... or do l have put down their head office ???

l'm alos pretty crap at explaining things in writing. If one of you guys could briefly tell me what l have to say on the county court claims form l'd really be greatful.

Regards

Kevin.

Who did you pay the clamping fee to? Not the DVLA, I'm pretty sure

ahhhhhh well looks like a trip to CAB on Monday to find out this question.

l thought this site sounded to good to be true.

Taken over by Advertisers no doubt ;-[

The sad thing is l'll probably get a few responses to this *moan* and not anything related to the question ;-]

ahhhhhh well looks like a trip to CAB on Monday to find out this question.

l thought this site sounded to good to be true.

Taken over by Advertisers no doubt ;-[

The sad thing is l'll probably get a few responses to this *moan* and not anything related to the question ;-]

Possibly, but bare in mind that it is the weekend and a lot of the CAG users don't necessarily spend much time on here on Saturday and Sunday. I am sure you wouldn't want any of us who don't really know the answer to your question chipping in with some ill-founded opinion.

If you could hang fire till Monday then the site activity will pick up and I am sure you will get some well constructed advise.

due to the clampers and the DVLA being seperate, (the ncp are the boys that the dvla pay to clmap and remove untaxed veh's) you'd have to put the clampers pound address on your papers.

Once you'd proved that the land was private, the clampers should have removed the clamp at no charge, how come they didnt?

chin up x

Thanks bird very much,

l tried so hard to explain to the person at he clamp pound that l had made a SORN and that the car was parked off road but..... she just kept repeating according to the inforement officer who attended my vehicle was parked on the public highway. They gave me little choice... either pay £260 within 24 hours or it will then go upto £360 and then removed.

Of course l tokk photos of my car clamped in our extremely pvt carpark.... some 25 metres off the main road would you believe.

Eventually l got a summons to appear in court for being parked on the highway with an untaxed vehicle.

At court all the cases were just DVLA and the DVLA had their own man there.

l had land registry evidence from the council who were great sending me a letter stating the area clearly was pvt, along with the photo's. The DVLA imeddiately said there has been an almighthy mix up here obviously, and 5 mins later we went back into the court and the case was dismissed due to no evidence.

l have left it over a yr since then, but now its really getting on my nerves letting them get away scot free. so l have decided to claim back the £260 clamping release fee.

Thanks so so much l shall put the NCP DVLA pound at White city London down as the address on the county court papers.

l also have the officers name who clamped my vehicle, should l also put his name down before the NCP DVLA pound address ????

Thanks so much Kevin.