HBOS taking me to court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

i'll be brief but hoping someone may be able to help.

£9000 credit card with Halifax, no enforcable credit agreement, all they have is my application.

disputed agreement etc, didnt hear anything for years but i was making very low contributions through payplan. (ive heard courts agreeing with banks if they say they lost it but provide a new one now anyway)

stopped payplan as never heard anything from halifax.

letter through dated 18th march taking me to court for full amount.

called blair oliver scott to try and stop court action, they want £7500 in 3 installments to avoid court. offered £3000 said no.

court papers worrying me, if i go to court will they force me to pay the whole lot or am i better to agree £7500 but ask for longer to pay? Should i continue to dispute the account? If i stand in court and they say did i borrow it, id have to say yes. Id imagine a court then saying well pay it, and giving me a ccj.

does going to court about these things always result in a ccj?

thanks

They won't force you to pay in one go. On the other hand if that you have assets such as a house, then they could be a charge on it and you could be forced to sell the house.

Are there any charges associated with this credit card debt? – And if so how much?

No assetts so no worries there.

Yes there are charges but more concerned with having to go to court and getting a ccj, i want to avoid this at all costs really. Just spoke to Blair again who have said there's now nothing i can do except pay the full amount now... which i cant do.

Can i go to court and say they have no complete paperwork, which they have admitted to... all they have is my application form as in another post i have made here. Ive heard that courts now say if banks come up with a replacement they can just use that. got to reply to this court paperwork tomorrow so if anyone can help today would appreciate it....... cab are so hard to get hold of!

So you haven't actually been served court papers yet (just a letter from the DCA saying they are taking you to court)? There is a possibility that this wont go to court. A DCA threatening court action doesn't always mean court action will happen. Its usually just the DCa trying to scare you into parting with your cash.

Firstly stop speaking to them on the phone. They will lie to you just to get your money.

Secondly as BankFodder mentioned have a look at your charges. there is always a chance your charges outweigh what you actually owe. you can also add a compounded interest rate onto your charges so this will help.

If the agreement is unenforcable then that would also help you.

well thats everything from the top of my head hopefully more help will be on soon to help.

Lastly, try not to worry too much. It may be easier to say than do but rest assured you're in the right place :)

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

i have posted most of what i have received from halifax. They have actually filed court action as in the first pics, not sure if they are bluffing hoping i will pay the full amount or what their plan is really. The £9k debt has around £2.5 k of charges on it but i dont have an exact figure, just what they let slip on the phone once. I did request details of all charges years ago but since moving house cannot find details. Any help greatly appreciated.