style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, Elliot, have I got this straight? You are currently of no fixed abode, have nothing of value, are currently unemployed ergo on benefits and the debt is still with the bailiffs? How vulnerable do you have to be these days ...

Rae

• Confused 1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apols Elliot I missed your reply. Students are always interesting as I'm never really sure where they sit in the grand scheme of bailiffdom. The National Standards for Enforcement Agents list of possible vulnerable types is for guidance only. It isn't exhaustive. If you are an impoverished student with no income outside of the student loan system then I would expect you to meet that brief. Particularly if you own nothing and live in no fixed abode. If your father has the receipt for your laptop then I would see that as a loan of equipment owned by another. The bailiff can only levy on goods that will pay a substantial amount of the debt after auction fees and their own fees. I would have thought that, in your case, any levy would be vexatious...

Rae

Who would you suggest I ask to look at my position of venerability?

The Pope? :wink:

Seriously, though... I note you have posts suggesting your MP etc. Give those a go. You've also had advice to write not phone. A paper record is important. In these modern days we've forgotten that letter writing is both an art and a war of atrition. Believe me, you can write the most devastating of letters in the pleasantest of tones. The recipient just doesn't realise what you are doing. 6 months ago I would have volunteered to write an example for you and guide you through this. I had to take a hiatus for health reasons and suspect my return is a little premature. The first letter you write to Rossendales / Council is simply exploratory. You give them the basics and hold back a couple of points. The objective is to have them come back to you and tell you how your thinking is wrong. First strike to you. That's what you want as your second letter then takes apart their argument etc.And so the tennis goes on. My earlier success rate was something like 75/25. Those that I failed were those that didn't appreciate this is a long term affair and you're building up evidence against the bailiff / council that can be used to great effect. In the long term you'll always win...

Best wishes

Rae

• 2 weeks later...

Watching with interest. You're getting good advice Elliot and the hang of the National Standards. If you re-read the thread you'll see some of your later queries were answered in earlier posts. Don't forget that any Formal Complaint to the council CEO needs to be clearly marked FORMAL COMPLAINT ...

Good luck

Rae