My business land line has been stolen by another provider?!?!?! Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I called my provider today to report a problem with our internet connection, they informed me that an undisclosed third party has terminated my line?!?!

I now have a different phone number and no internet...

They told me to call Ofcom but its Friday and they are shut.

Anyone know what I should do, its for my business so this is going to be a nightmare, I'm going to lose 2 weeks of internet and my "old" number is dead.....

Heeeeeeeelp

Thanks

I have learnt from my experience that unless you have agree to change providers, that the responsibility of restoring your services lies with your current provider. I myself on a residential issue was confirmed by ofcom that it is your current provider who should restore it when dont have valid new services planned with the slammer, even if did and cancelled but goes ahead still your current provider should take action.

My line had been cut for a second time in error resutling from sky trying to take me over re a cancelled account/takeover. My current provider argued it was not their responsibility and I was now not their customer, so basically go away, very stressfull. I pesisted and eventually they sorted it out my at the time current provider that is if it makes sence.

They later added they were new to the telecoms industry and hadnt come accross such a case before, for future reference they were tesco broadband so avoid them like the plague, as I now realise they have been in the telecom industry for some time, so pathetic excuse xx

Record the next call to your provider just in case they again say they are not responsible for restoring you line, you could use it later if have to go to ofcom. Put them on notice the call is recorded if they dont action a reinsatement of your services asap that any out of pocket expenses will be claimed from them as in dongle for mobile broadband, mobile phone costs and costs of loss of business, they in turn should go after the slammer for the costs. If they do realise their mistake and restore as soon as they can you should go after the slammer when have the proof of who it is.

Ofocm told me to go after current provider. If you get no where with them monday make a complaint to companies regulator xx

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011

Hi, thanks for the advice, they are a helpful company BE Internet, I have advised them that they are responsible. They work with online tickets too so I have records of all our chats etc. This is what they said so far:

"I would like to advise you that since your line has been migrated to another provider there is not much we can do. I contacted BT regarding the problem but they advised me that they are not authorised to give me the information about your new provider on your line since this is confidential information. The only one that has a chance in getting that information is you and you can request it from BT since you are the owner of the land line and you are authorised to do so. As my colleague advised you we have escalated the issue to a higher level of support and in the beginning of the week once we have more information you will be updated. We will appreciate your patience in the meantime"

But I dont have any info from any new provider and my number is changed.......I will speak to Ofcom on monday too and definitely be claiming for loss of earnings.