Advice on refusement for lower payment please!

al_cooper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

I would like to get some advice for my sister please. Her circumstances have changed over the last few weeks (split up with boyf blah blah) so she wrote to Barclays explaining her circumstances. She got a letter back from then saying that they will not offer a lower payment plan for her, is there anything she can do as she is struggling to pay the amount that they want?

Many thanks

Alex

Hi!

I would like to get some advice for my sister please. Her circumstances have changed over the last few weeks (split up with boyf blah blah) so she wrote to Barclays explaining her circumstances. She got a letter back from then saying that they will not offer a lower payment plan for her, is there anything she can do as she is struggling to pay the amount that they want?

Many thanks

Alex

Has he sent them an I & E form - pay what you have offered and let them take it further - they can't have what you haven't got.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

No she didn't, she just wrote a letter to them. Do you think this would make any difference though?? Thanks

Well it gives them the full picture - at the end of the day they cannot have more than she can afford - and it is up to them what action they take. But it is fair to give creditors a full picture of youyr circumstances. Also useful if it ever gets to the court stage.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.