Please help with Aktiv Kapital

weeteddy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

These guys are seriously hassling me. 5 missed calls today!

I had an Egg card then got into trouble after a separation. I got the card in 2005 and not made any payments since 2007. After being passed around dcas these guys now have it. I wrote them a 'prove it' letter and was a bit a shocked to get all the documents in the post today. Its basically copies of the online agreement i done with them with tick boxes. There is no way i can make any payments to these people. I am just about managing my priorty debts and have agreements with my mortgage provider and more recently council tax.

I know i do owe the money and will need to do something about it but just cant at the moment.

Anyone have any ideas what to do about this.

Thanks

if the agreement is rock steady, produce an I&E (I know I know never give a dca one) but in this case it maybe wise to and work it out so you have £1 left at the end of every month and make them an offer of £1 until your situation improves, this looks good if they ever go to court, include in the letter a phone harrasement bit and that you would expect all interest and charges to be stopped.

How much is it by the way, if it is a lot then they may take it further

Thanks for the quick reply. Its almost 4K. Rather a lot i know!. Looks to me like the agreement is how it should be. Does it make an difference that i ticked a box for my signuture and that they dont actually have my signature. wishful think on my part i think!!

Just about to do a SAR to Egg and a harrassment letter to AK - but i have just noticed that they took 16 working days to provide me with credit agreement. Shall i still go ahead with sending the letters or is there something else i should do.

Thanks

You had better hurry up cause Egg are apparently selling all their accounts to barclaysharks soon, then you may well have the pleasure of their pet idiots Mercers, who will make aktivecrap look like kindergarden kids

oh getting scared and confused now. I thought as it had been sold to a dca then egg had no more to do with it. I have the SAR all ready to go but not sure if i should rock the boat now. Maybe i should just make an offer to AK and start paying it off :-(

Thanks though...

letter from AK says ' although we purchased the right to recover the outstanding balance due under the original agreement....

and i thought that meant they had bought it....am i wrong?