Vanquis Refund Offer - No interest and punitive 'options'. Any advice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I recently received good advice on these forums re reclaiming £84 charges from Vanquis. Today, 14 days after claiming, I received a letter offereing me a full refund....but...it doesn't include interest. Obviously, at an average of 45%, this is a lot of money to me.

And.... obtain full and final, they have given me two options.

1) Close my account and repay at my current rate - 41.2%pur. and 47.89 cash (which is most of it!) or....

2) Keep my account, have it fee free, but pay £25 a year!! and, best of all my interest rates will be 54.9 and 59%!!! That, in my opinion is criminal.

Now I don't need my |Vanquis card - as a bankcrupt 5 years ago I gota brilliant Coop simple account with a Visa debit card. I also have a Cap 1 card. (I was desparate for reasons I outline in my orig. thread)

So, I'd really appreciate some advice. Can I reclaim interest, would they in peoples experience accept an interest-frozen repayment plan and should I take my complaint to the ombudsman?

Thank you in advance - your work is truly sterling. No make that gilt-edged!

Laxxmi