Getting rid of defaults on credit report!!!!! Help help help!!!!

cm21047
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Partner and i recently applied for a mortgage only to be refused due to her having 4 defaults on her account...all from 2008 and all from mobile phone companies. Last month we managed to get hold of these companies and pay off the outstanding balances and settle the accounts. we requested letters from these companies stating that the accounts are settled.

after not hearing from them for 3 weeks we sent out letters we printed from the experian website saying we wished them to update there records and let the credit agencies know these accounts were settled. Is there any way we can speed up getting these defaults removed because we would like to be able to re-apply for a mortgage in 2 months time.

ANY HELP WOULD BE REALLY APPRICIATED!!!

Thanks!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately defaults will remain on your credit file for six years from the date of default, whether settled or not. They will however be marked as settled and the balance deducted from your total current debt. The question I in fact am looking to be answered is what improvement, if any, a settled default will make to a credit file as opposed to unsettled... any info anyone?

• 2 weeks later...