Vogelrok v Barclays

vogelrok
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all newbie here

thank you first off for this great site.

handed my request into my local branch of barclays bank, asked to see the manager so it went straight to the top. also requested a reciept for the letter handed over. enclosed a cheque for £10 now just sit back and wait the 40 days.

thank you so much everyone for this site.

EDIT: could a mod or admin please move this to barclays bank, not sure how i posted it in here. sorry

thank you for moving this richardc. will keep you posted

barclaycard are next and then barclays mortgages, then the wifes abbey account. should lock them up for theft. if we done this we would get done for something like fraud. dont figure.

will keep you all posted. im sure i will be looking at a few grand, i wasnt very good with my bank account hahahah. i can see a holidday coming up.

My experience with Barclays so far, in relation to getting hold of the statements is very good.

I actually forgot to put the cheque in and they said they would send them for free! :D

Good luck!

I add that it not as easy with BARCLAYCARD!!!!

this is so funny. just had wescot credit services on the phone, asking me to pay barclays bank the outstanding debt on my bank account.

most of which was there bank charges. took great pleasure in making the woman at the other end of the phone, put the account on hold and laughing about it.

also told her to get one back on the banks and claim all her punitive charges.

has made my day.

Barclays Mortgages, came to a total of £887.50 from 01/04-01/06. they charged me £40 a month till i was out of my arrears. can i claim this. im of the thinking i can. but would like to make sure first.

by the way the woman i spoke to at barclays mortgages was also very helpful. told her how she can go about claiming back her bank charges. i love to spread the good word.

im so happy that this might get me so much out of debt. all the charges have put me in. i cant even open a bank account, they wont accept me. heres to a new life on the other side, thought better of the holiday. clear my debts first.

thank you to all the people behind the scenes here, admin, super mods and mods. respect to you all.

DPA Request sent for barclaycard acount. wasnt going to send this one of yet. but the debt collecters are on my case. they dont believe that im about to take barclaycard to court over charges against my account.

thought i would try and keep the forum tidy and just add to my exsisting thread.

was told that barclaycard and i will quote the poor womans words. "barclaycard are a mutlimillion pound corporation, they wont let the people get away with claiming back there charges they have incured" i laughed so hard.

wake up and smell the coffee bankers and your debt collection agencies we the man of today have had enough of this.

bank statements recieved today will be going through them soon, then first letter will be on its way.

i still cant work out why they closed my account down. i was £354 in credit and they took the lot and left me in debt. can i claim against this.

update

just finished working out my charges for the 4 years my account had to run in the past 6 yrs.

total of £330 + £110.95 8% intrest. total £440.95

now i dont know if a admin or a mod can answer this for me. my account was £354.55 in credit on the 24/02/04. i was due to make a payment to barclays mortgages of £200 and a few minor DDR which totaled £50.26. leaving me just over £100 in credit in the bank. without being told or giving permission the bank took the £354.55 to pay my loan that was being paid for by the insurance repayment department. it was done with a consumer finance TFR. this left me with a £0.00 balance. i wasnt aware of this at the time. as i said i had sent off my cheque to pay the mortgage and enough to cover other bills. because they had done this, i had 4 defaults against me over the next 6 days. of which they could only charge me for 3 of them. this all happened by the 03/03/04. i was totally unaware of there actions. this then put me into debt once again. i wasnt due to pay the loan for a few more days.

what i want to know is can i claim back that £354.55 that they took. as it felt like a fine more than anything, for running a bad account that was £354.55 in credit.

this inturn also made me more behind with my mortgage. which at the time was only 1 month behind. i ended up paying £887.25 in charges for being in arrears with my mortgage. i have just managed to pay off the arrears after 2 years of struggling. and im £887.25 worse off at present. plus i have another 15yrs of intrest to be added onto that £887.25

if anyone from admin or mod can help me out i would be most greatful. i so long to be clear of the debt that the bank has caused me in my life from there over priced bank charges. if i had never had paid them fines. i wouldnt be behind on my mortgage. barclays who would want them.

i dont have a bank account at present and to tell the truth dont think i ever want one again, ok they are handy to have, but so is a £50 note in your pocket. no one taking anything from it. unless you say so.

please help im confused as what to do next.

have just got off the phone to a mrs Mckaluay mager for the consumer finance collections & recoveries. i have been checking my outstanding debt with barclays, the info that i requested wasnt in with my statements. whcih is very strange, as they say i owe £666.95. but there is no record of it in my statements.

so i requested them whilst i was on the phone. the above named, told me i had to deal with wescot cerdit to get them. i asked for this in writting and i asked if the conversation had been recorded, it was not recorded ,Mrs Mckaluay then refused to put it in writting what she had told me. i so wish i had a way of recording conversations with them. i asked 5 times for it to be put in writing that the bank was refusing to give me information stored on me, i asked for it as a data protection request and was also refused. so who do i report them to for refusing this information.

well that aside i rang wescot spoke to one of there helpful staff, aked for the statements for my account, was told hold on i will check how much that would cost me, they came back and told me that they couldnt request it on my behalf. i have to contact the bank and request them. i asked for this in writing once only and was told yes i would and could have it in writing. the line manager would like the manager of barclays to ring him and explain this to them., as it is the first they have heard of having to give out customers and non customers information that barclays have stored against them. was told to ring barclays back which i did, she wouldnt talk to me refused point blank. and still wouldnt budge on giving me a my statements for my account that had not been sent out with all the other statements. so 6 counts to refuse now. also she wouldnt ring and speak with the line manager at wescot credit. so that we can get it sorted out.

i so want this woman to lose her job. she was rude and she even put the phone down on me. also seems like the banks are not recording as many conversations for training purposes now, wonder why?

please help guys and girls, so want for them to suffer the depression and torment me and my partner have had to endure for the past 5yrs or so. all them annoying phone calls. letters, think you will know if you are in the same boat. debt ridden and no way out, but there is i will fight them all the way now. i dont have nothing to lose anymore.

im truthully disgusted with the banking groups.

please help what do i do now.

Make the DPA request in writing, recorded.

Dont forget to send the £10

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

what request it all again, i have 4yrs worth of statements, but they wont give me the rest.

so should i not just report them now and make it hurt them. is it the OFT or IC i have to contact.

I may have misunderstood,

Have you already made a DPA request in writing and sent £10 ?

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

yes have the cheque back and a nice written compliment slip saying they are free copies of the statements.

told the woman i will report them she wasnt even bothered, maybe she thinks the banks can do as they please to people, that they help get into debt.

Guest Alison82

I found that both Halifax and Nat West reall dragged out the dpa request, infact I got my info a few days after the dpa request time linit of 40 days, I only got them in the end because I went into the brach and asked for it in person; I infomed them that the fee had been paid previosly with the letter. What bank are you with?

Just write back to her, reiterating the points in the DPA request letter, and remind her/the bank that the clock is ticking (you could say how many days are left from the original request)

Would also suggest sending the £10 again, and stressing that this is a fee that they are entitled to for fulfilling the request.

End your letter with a note to the effect that failure to comply will result in a complaint to the Information Commissioner. If they do not comply, report them.

I know it's frustrating, but wishing her the sack will not help your case. You need to be very firm, to stick to a timetable and to carry out any threats that you make.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Just write back to her, reiterating the points in the DPA request letter, and remind her/the bank that the clock is ticking (you could say how many days are left from the original request)

Would also suggest sending the £10 again, and stressing that this is a fee that they are entitled to for fulfilling the request.

End your letter with a note to the effect that failure to comply will result in a complaint to the Information Commissioner. If they do not comply, report them.

I know it's frustrating, but wishing her the sack will not help your case. You need to be very firm, to stick to a timetable and to carry out any threats that you make.

Good luck.

yer i know i shouldnt wish her job away, but then maybe she will understand how it feels to lose your job, mine wasnt just a job, i had to lay off 14 blokes. of which none of it was my fault at all. but your ight, it wont change the outcome. they will get reported and i will get my money back. will just take a little longer.

it was Barclays bank Alison82. i have most of my statements of which i got very quickly indeed.

the banks are just stalling now.

I would also be tempted to insert a paragraph in there asking for a copy of any recording made of your conversation with Mrs xxxxxxxxxx and specify the date and time. Just because she said it was not being recorded does not mean it wasn't:D .

If you did get a recording it would be great ammunition.

The fee would remain the same as it's still data from the same a/c. A long shot I know but nothing to loose.

Imagine if you had a tape of her refusing to comply with the law and then lying about whether the conversation was recorded, it might dent their credibillity somewhat.

I agree with HD regarding the recording - but that would be dependent on who you sent the request to. Clearly you don't want to send the request to Mrs McCauley, but if it was a generic letter to the bank, without reference to her denial, then it might get 'mixed up' and a recording/transcript sent out to you. Well worth a shot.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

nice one HD that is well worth a shot. thanks guys. will draft a letter up in a bit and get it in the post tomorrow. will ak for all recordings of every conversation. so as not to ask for that one.

hopefully it will get mixed up. but i doubt it. i doubt they have any recordings at all. i hope they do as some of them will be good to listern to. as soon as she stuttered her answer i was on her with the threats of action towrds reporting the bank for the refusal.

also forgot to mention, have sent first letter requesting £684.55 plus £14.00 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £698.55.

will also give them something to think about. let them know i aint being messed with.

hand delivered my first request for repayment of overcharges, paid referals. and such to the tune of £684.55 plus £14.00 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £698.55.

made sure i got the envelope copied and signed for and dated with a barclays officail stamp mark. they have internal mail. that way i know it shouldnt get lost in transit.

this is just the start. have loads more they havent sent yet. but read the thread in general about the DPA request for all statements.

tick tock.

nice one HD that is well worth a shot. thanks guys. will draft a letter up in a bit and get it in the post tomorrow. will ak for all recordings of every conversation. so as not to ask for that one.

hopefully it will get mixed up. but i doubt it. i doubt they have any recordings at all. i hope they do as some of them will be good to listern to. as soon as she stuttered her answer i was on her with the threats of action towrds reporting the bank for the refusal.

also forgot to mention, have sent first letter requesting £684.55 plus £14.00 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £698.55.

will also give them something to think about. let them know i aint being messed with.

IIRC I think it stated in a thread some time ago that if you ask for a recording of a telephone conversation you need to give them the date, who you spoke to and the aprox time. Maybe a mod can give you a definnative answer. I asked for details of all recordings made and specifically the one that I was interested in. If you don't want to alert them as to the significance of one particular call ask for about 2 or 3 others if you've got details of them.

Best of luck I was infurriated when I read your original post in this thread.

HD

IIRC I think it stated in a thread some time ago that if you ask for a recording of a telephone conversation you need to give them the date, who you spoke to and the aprox time. Maybe a mod can give you a definnative answer. I asked for details of all recordings made and specifically the one that I was interested in. If you don't want to alert them as to the significance of one particular call ask for about 2 or 3 others if you've got details of them.

Best of luck I was infurriated when I read your original post in this thread.

HD

thank you HD

yer i was major league p++++d to say the least. i will name a few days around this time as i have spoke to them quite a bit of late.

• 2 weeks later...

letter recieved today. no offer has been made so far. one of there team will contact me shortly and enclosing a complaints leaflet. well if they ring me, at no point will i want to speak with them. as they feel that they cant discuss this when i rang them to sort all of my matters out.

so the first 14 days is as they have replied to the first letter, so next step for me and give them one more chance before the moneyclaim, or do i stick to the full 14days, as no offer has been made, im sure i should just carry on with it regardless

second letter handed in once again at a barclays bank branch, photo copy of envelope requested, then stamped and signed with the date.

was done on 24th. so 14days will give them 1 extra, as it was sent through internal mail. see if they make a offer this time. once this one is sorted will move onto all the other accounts i had with them. one by one.

will be intesting to see if they make a offer this time.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks