Letter Confusion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm a little confused.....I have just sent my Preliminary approach for repayment letter but have just read the one which i think is the next stage...the LBA - consumer version - asking for it back.........it has the same wording in it as the preliminary approach letter.........have i picked the correct 2nd letter to send to them (if i dont hear owt back in 14 days)?

Also the first line says 'I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the [XXDATEXX].' do you still put this 1st line on even if they have responded with an offer?

Thanks

Hi,

The Preliminary approach for repayment is the asking for it nicely the Letter before action (LBA) is the pay up/please take me seriously or I'll see you in court.

So you got things the right way round ;-)

If they do make an offer you could change the line to read :

''I am very disappointed that you have failed to resolve this matter to my satisfaction after my letter dated [XXDATEXX].'

Hope this helps

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Data PAct halifax 19/6

Conf letter 22/6

£10 Fee taken 30/6,

List of charges recived 29/7

Prelim sent 31/7

LBA sent 15/8

Court action start 30/8

Offered £160 & then £482 as full settlement 6/9 LOL

19/09 Full settlement of part 1 £710 charges, £200.88 interest & £39 costs. :lol:

2nd cout action started 27/09 paid in full 29/11:smile:

MEAF Reclamed X2 £75 Halifax & £175 from C&G here's how http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/mortgage-fees