Getting a court date

technofish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know I've left it a bit late but I've just had a change which may be able to stop my eviction due this Monday AM.

If I take the form to my court tomorrow morning is it possible to get a hearing on Friday or have I left it too late?

No its not too late you should get a hearing quickly and there has been a change of circumstances so thats a bonus,can you tell us how much arrears,who is your lender,lengh of mortgage and so on,the more info the better,howevcer if you handed in the n244 tommorrow you would get a hearing before Monday.

Hi there, have you got proof of the new job? i.e. letter of appointment/contract? You will also need to affix a budget sheet so the judge can see how you're going to afford to repay the arrears. I've affixed the one we normally use. The amount you offer to pay towards the arrears each month is the amount left over after everything else has been accounted for (Step 3 - the difference between your income and outgoings).

Were your arrears caused by unemployment?

How much are the arrears & how much can you realistically afford to pay each month on top of the normal monthly payment?

If you need help with the form or statement for Q.10 of the form, let me know. There is some case law you can use in your defence.

Budget Sheet.xls

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.