style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our letting agent is great places, and for a while the boiler has been playing up. So the guy came out to repair it two days ago. Now there was meant to be someone comming today to repair it as they needed a circuit board, no one turned up and they said they would be here between 12-5pm. So we rang them to ask why and they said no one was meant to be out today and that it would be monday, (we have just checked the voicemail and they did say they would be out between the times stated) also they said someone would ring between 5:30 and 6:30 tonight and no one has called. Now they left 2 small fan heaters which eat the electric ( we are on an electric metre) and we have two children aged 4 and 7 (one with severe asthma) and th heaters can not be left on overnight as it is a fire hazard. Surely they can not leave it the whole weekend with no proper heating. We are private tennants and both work so we would have to take another day off work if they want to arrange next week. Plus they have said they only do emergencies on the weekend....forgive me if im wrong this is an emergency.

Only stopping by quickly, but hope the following acts as a 'bump' at the very least

In answer to your question it depends on various factors. You have no heating, but have hot water - perhaps via an immersion? Please advise.

If you have neither hot water, or heating then, yes, certainly it appears it could be an emergency. One without the other less so, perhaps - but having young children with you in the property means any Agent should, perhaps, be upping their game anyway

Have a look at http://www.greatplaces.org.uk/OurOrganisation/PerformanceMatters/Documents/Service%20Standards%20List.pdf (if this is one and the same Great Places) and post again as to how they have performed against their own service standards. Keep it factual, obviously, and polite too - hate to see a thread taken down for any reason

Also, once you are familiar with the response times you should be receiving, call the number(s) at http://www.greatplaces.org.uk/ContactUs/Pages/Contactus.aspx - if you haven't already - and post again with the response you get. Keep it polite, firm, but fair. Problems DO arise in sourcing parts and the like and if there really is a problem at their end then they need to offer practical solutions for you, where they can

I'm sorry if my reply does not directly answer your question, there are others here who have a better day-to-day working knowledge of Housing Associations than me. Also, for whatever it is worth, private Tenants seem to often get a much more raw deal out of Landlords in terms of response times than Housing Association tenants - so, to my mind, find out what it is that Great Places are supposed to be doing for you by their own standards for you and your family and post again as soon as you can

As I say, sorry if this does not directly answer your question, but hope it helps all the same

As for me, happy to help out. I am not a Landlord, but I have been in the past. I am not an Agent, but I have been in the past. I am, therefore, a has been, so always seek independent and suitably qualified advice elsewhere before relying upon whatever has been posted here :-)