Unauthorised transactions lead to bank charge.. help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, the story goes..

My paypal account was hacked.. twice... both times money was taken from my linked bank account.. a halifax cardcash account

After going through paypal's resoloution center they agreed both times they were unauthorised and reversed the payments, unfortunately there was not enough cash in my bank account both times to cover the transactions so I was charged £15 by them!

After speaking to them they will not reverse the charges!

Now if I had made a genuine mistake with a direct debit or cheque bouncing I can kind of understand (altho i'd still be annoyed)

but this is just unfair!

Do I have a leg to stand on? Who can I contact about this?

Thanks in advance!

By 'them' who di you mean? PayPal, or your bank? If the charge was made by your bank, then it is up to you to tell them it was a fraudulent debiting of PayPal and show them the refund - they should be prepared to refund you. The best course of action is to unlink your accounts in case this happens again.

WRITE don't phone. Supply them with a printout marking the fraudulent debit, and it's matching credit from your PayPal a/c. It is true they don;t have to, but when fraud it identified, they normally take a lenient view.

Do remember, if you have a history of bounced DDs, this can make things difficult.

Thankyou, i'll do that, if they give me the address!

After third phone call and speaking with manager theyre basically saying as it was a third party transaction theyre not obligated to return the charge!

Im annoyed that im being penalised that I had nothing to do with!

Unfortuntely as im a crap cardcash account holder that doesnt make them any money they dont give a crap...

Oh and im only allowed one good will gesture EVER, ive been with them ten years and will be closing my account as soon as I get another bank account