Charges only £112.50 - Should I claim??

Sarah3891
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

From what i've read here so far, a lot of LLods TSB cases regarding bank charges reclamation seem to go to court? My charges are only £112.50 and i've claimed back similar amounts from Natwest and HSBC with little effort, but I am concerned about the possible costs of this one with Lloyds should it get as far as court - what do people here think?? I know it's a risk involved with any claim, but as the amount seems quite low in comparison to many others, i'm not sure what to do, though on principle, I don't want them to keep charging people like this and want to win!! :-)

Any suggestions?

Sarah x

Hi Sarah3891

No-one has actually gone to court yet all settled before hand. It doesnt matter what the amount is,as you say its the principle,they took your money you are entitled to it back. There is always a risk it may go to Cout, highly unlikely, although I think we shouldnt get too complacent about it. My suggestion is go for it, with a small amount they probably wont put up too much of a fight. Have a parachute account as they could close the one you are claiming for, they did with me. Good luck

Empire Strikes Back - thanks for your advice, My account with Lloyds has been closed for a few years now, but i'm still within the 6-year limit with these charges.

By gone to court, I meant filing a claim at county court etc - apologies for the confusion -

and Bookworm - I think you need to sort your attitude out.

Sarah

Thanks Thailand!! Lol!!!

I didn't meant to sound complacent about the figure - to me, that is a lot of money (I am unemployed) but I meant in comparison to some of the other larger claims that seem to be mentioned here. :-)

Hi Sarah

Yep loads of us have filed a claim at the County Court, Lloyds solicitors play along and usually end up offering a settlement after the allocation questionnaire has been sent in. On my claim when they sent in their allocation questionnaire with a tick in the "1 month extra time box" to allow for trying to settle out of court and then the settlement offer arrived shortly after that. They then have to pay you the 8% interest that you added to your claim when it went to the court and also your court costs and the cost of the allocation questionnaire, so you get a bit extra if it does go that far.

Thanks again Empire - it seems quite a daunting prospect I guess, so i'm a bit nervous about it, though as you say - loads of you have done it, and with great success so that's reassuring! Interesting how they try to drag it out, though I guess that works in the claimants' favour as the interest simply adds up??! :-)

and Bookworm - I think you need to sort your attitude out.

Sarah

I don't think it was meant like that at all.

I guess that the bottom line is that even though the amount is reletively small, its still YOUR money! Personally, as I've said before, I would'nt want the Lloyds scumbags to have a penny of my money, and I'd sue em even if it was only a tenner! That said, it is a bit of a long drawn out process with them and only you can decide wether the work involved is worth the end gain.

One more thing to consider: By deploying the brinksmanship and bluffing and bulls**tting that they inevitabily do in these claims, they are relying on the hope that people will be put off by it. If too many people don't bother claiming simply becouse of the amount of time it takes and becouse they mess you around, then they're tactics will have worked. DON'T LET THEM WIN!!!!

• Confused 1

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

it seems quite a daunting prospect I guess, so i'm a bit nervous about it

Thats the great thing about this site - we're all in it together and help each other. You'll get all the advice / help / support you need.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Join the revolution Sarah!

Kingliam

:!:

On behalf of the Ginger one

Lloyds TSB - 1ST 12/07/06-LBA 26/07/06-MC-14/08/06-Court-31/01/2007

Halifax - D P A 02/10/06

On behalf of MumKing

Barclays Bank D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of DJ Sunny

Alliance & Leicester D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of GrandmaKing

GE Capital D P A 30/10/06

Barclays Bank D P A 30/10/06 - 1ST 15/11/06 *Microfiche [problem]

:-) LOL

Will do Kingliam! :-)

Gary H - I felt like punching the air after your post - have you thought about being a motivational speaker?!?!??! I totally agree with what you've said, so i've just printed out my letter and will post it asap..... fingers crossed!

Thanks guys! x

Glad to be of help - welcome aboard!;)