What is reasonable???????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

We had a burglary a few weeks ago where the burglar forced entry through a solid oak door. We have now had this replaced and the insurance co have agreed to pay for it... all good so far. However the damage that was caused and now repaired necessitates the inside and outside of the frame to be made good and redecorated.

I don't anticipate that there will be a problem with the outside but when it come to the inside the new paintwork is going to really show up the rest of hallway paintwork. So the question is what is reasonable in painting when there is a continuous amount of wood / skirting / doors etc ?????

My gut feeling is that, at least, the downstairs hallway paint work should all match in and would really appreciate any views.

The insurer will only be responsible for the damaged area,the rest will depnd on your insurer or you may get upto a 50% contribution towards, but as there is no material loss in not having the rest painted in the same was a colour match on a car or a matching items clause in your policy i.e carpets or wall tiles, you've not lost anything.

Approach your insurers nicely and ask if they will do anything, or the contractors who often put in for blending and get away with it.