NedKelly v Natwest

NedKelly63
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And so it all begins...

I feel very encouraged reading the many posts on here, and hope that I too will be successful.

I am an Advantage Premier customer and have asked for a copy of my charges for the last 6 years (1st class Recorded Delivery, sent 1st September).

I dread to think what these will come too - I checked my statement online and my charges for the last 3 months alone were just over 600 quid!

I'll keep you all updated and I'll read the FAq's before posting :D

Best Regards,

Ned

NatWest Advantage Premier Account

01-09-2006 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

04-09-2006 - NW respond asking for fee

09-09-2006 - New S.A.R and fee sent

23-09-2006 - Statements received

IF YOU FOUND MY COMMENTS HELPFUL OR USEFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES. THANK YOU :)

Thanks Chris!

As mentioned earlier, I sent my request for charges, 1st class recorded delivery on 1st September.

However, the more I look throught the FAQ's and other postings, I realise that I have not been quite as efficient in my request as I'd hoped.

1). I didn't put the sort code in my letter.

2). I didn't send them 10 quid.

I was rather hoping to get some cash in for Xmas, and was wondering if you think the ommissions made in my request would slow things down?

Do you think it's worth sending the letter in again with payment and all relevant acount details?

Also - I've seen different addresses for the Data Controller. I wrote to Alex Lyons (Edinburgh - huge 9 line address) and I've seen other postings suggesting that writing to the registered office in Bishopsgate elicits a faster response. Is this still the case?

Best Regards,

Ned

IF YOU FOUND MY COMMENTS HELPFUL OR USEFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES. THANK YOU :)

Hi,

I addressed my Data Protection Act - Subject Access Request letter to Alex Lyons and got a reply from:

Joyce E Tudor

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor Business House B

P.O.Box 1000

Edinburgh EH12 1HQ

I personally would resend letter to Tudor enclosing the £10.00 maximum statutory fee and givng them full details of your account i.e Number - Sort Code and Local Bank Address.

Cool,

I'll do that asap. Thanks for the input

Ned

OK,

NatWest responded (Joyce E Tudor) and ask for the £5.00 fee. (I thought they might sit on my request until the 40 days were up, but hey...).

New S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent today (9th September). Its a new S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), as I am happier with the wording on the new one and I don't mind 'resetiing the clock'.

The text of my request is here if anyone is interested.

[Your Address]

Ms Joyce E Tudor

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor Business House B

P.O.Box 1000

EDINBURGH

EH12 1HQ

FIRST CLASS RECORDED DELIVERY

9th September 2006

Dear Ms Tudor,

Re: Account Name : [Your Name]

Account Number : [Your Account]

Sort Code : [Your Sortcode]

Branch Address : [Your bank branch address]

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose a cheque for £5.00 to cover the fee for this request.

You have 40 days from the date of this letter in which to comply with this request.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours Faithfully

I hope not!

Mind you, it's going to take me a few days to put everything into the spreadsheet for the initial calcultation. I'll used the advanced Excel worksheet for current accounts from the library.

I am predicting that my claim will be absolutely huge. As a rough guess, I reckon between £12,000 / £14,000 excluding overdraft interest.:o

I still need to get hold of historical overdraft interest rates for an Advantage premier account - so I'll start hunting for those now.

I'll keep you all posted,

Ned

• 3 weeks later...

OK,

Statements received - I am now busy ploughing through them and doing some serious adding up!!

I was expecting my statements to turn up in a battered brown A4 envelope - we'll, they were in an A4 envelope, but it was well taped up to stop the A5 statements bouncing around inside. So it does appear that Natwest are taking more care with statements these days.

Ned