Help - yes car are after me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I fell into the yes car trap in nov 04. the repossessed the car end of jan 05. i stayed in scotlan then moved back to belfast. back here i have now received a letter from first beacon legal services on behalf of RAMCO. chasing me for just over 6000. what should i do. go 4months short of the 6yr rule and feel there lot might be aggressive. they are threatenin to make of bankrupt and say they are comin to my house to serve me a statutory demand in bankruptcy. they state that it is unlikely an agreement will be reached and no repayment proposals have been made. this is the first letter and its a scary letter. the day i walked into theirs officer they were not lettin me leave without a car. i didn't intend to take a car as i was skint. they wanted a deposit i didn't have one. they give me the car. i didn't have money for a tax disc. the guy went and bought one. any advice please

• 2 weeks later...

When did you make your last payment to them or acknoweledge the debt?

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

i never made a payment. it gets better. when the credit agreement was signed they noted that my first payment was due 23dec, but the defaulted me in 14dec. how would this stand in court.... could this alone get the agreement ripped up???

They also took the car after i missed 2 payments. though i had called to advise a payment would be made within 7 days..... I think they repossessed too quickly, and think the counted the payment that was never due in november as 1 missed payment ( well they did as they defaulted me before 1st payment due.)

I dont have a copy of credit agreement. no deposit was paid as i was skint, as i said they agreed to waive that. they also bought the tax disc.

When they said first payment was due 23rd nov, i adv i couldnt do that. they wrote on the credit agreement 1st payment due dec 23rd.

First Beacon have confirmed this is on their copy of the agreement, and that they did default me 14th decemeber. - before the first agreed payment was due.