What happens to CCJ if I go bankrupt?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Questionable. It was on the market for over six months at 5k under what I paid, so following disbursements and conveyancing would be slightly out of pocket - ASSUMING it sold.

It didn't, and the best semi-offer we had was at 15k under so perhaps it was on at too high a price. That was last year so am almost certainly underwater now as it's a middle-income-squeeze sort of house.

Questionable. It was on the market for over six months at 5k under what I paid, so following disbursements and conveyancing would be slightly out of pocket - ASSUMING it sold.

It didn't, and the best semi-offer we had was at 15k under so perhaps it was on at too high a price. That was last year so am almost certainly underwater now as it's a middle-income-squeeze sort of house.

Well, I guess they are trying to get some sort of protection (e.g. if the value does increase over time).

Are you looking to keep hold of the property?

I am looking to keep it and I have an arrangement with mortgage arrears now. I found new job in nick of time which allowed me to make arrangement and take off market. Therefore CO fairly meaningless UNLESS something major happens. I do have one big unsecured creditor still to sort who so far have done nothing (via incompetence) and are probably going to be quite upset when they find out they're behind others in the CO queue as a result. You never know, they might try for something silly in court and courts are not always on the ball in terms of our rights, so I am thinking about absolutely worst case over next five years here.