Jump to content

debtdiary

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    21
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About debtdiary

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Wow - they actually did take me out of the dialler by the look of it. iQor letter arrived this morning... only a week after the phone calls! The letter talks about IMMEDIATE LITIGATION, but since I've been firmly told they're NOT going to pass the case back OR take me to court, they shouldn't be sending out false threats. Anyway, I can now reply with my I&E and my offer of £1, and we'll see. Meanwhile from reading other threads looks like claiming overdraft fees back is quite tough compared to credit card - any advice on best approach?
  2. These are just ideas... Ask them for the exact date they sent it out, in writing. If it's over the statutory time limit (May to July? could be), point this out to them and ask them to send it again, seeing as they're in breach. Also point out that you can't proceed until you have a copy, irrespective of where it ended up, so could they send a dupe. If they want another £1, give it to them. Make it very clear that you are not going to discuss the debt until you have a copy, and if they go to court you are quite prepared to ask for a stay until you jolly well have one. Ask them w
  3. Two calls from iQor today. Both reasonably polite but that's possibly because I controlled the conversation from the word go. Apparently letter was sent out on 1 Nov. Now, since the OFT guidelines state they shouldn't be ringing until I have received the letter I can make a specific complaint to Trading Standards that they are deliberately flouting this specific rule - which I think is just the kind of complaint they can get a handle on? So, 3 calls in 48 hours so far and it's not 9pm yet so we might get another one...
  4. Pumpytums: CC companies take a view on cases depending on amount owing, previous payment history, whether they think it's an easy one to enforce, etc, etc, and also will do some bulk deals which is why they sometimes keep or sell the "wrong" cases. If they know they've dropped the ball on a case they'll almost certainly sell it because then it's someone else's problem and they can get on with fleecing other punters. Some organisations are better at knowing their own customers than others. In practice I don't think MBNA have a good enough view of their customers to be making the right
  5. I am looking to keep it and I have an arrangement with mortgage arrears now. I found new job in nick of time which allowed me to make arrangement and take off market. Therefore CO fairly meaningless UNLESS something major happens. I do have one big unsecured creditor still to sort who so far have done nothing (via incompetence) and are probably going to be quite upset when they find out they're behind others in the CO queue as a result. You never know, they might try for something silly in court and courts are not always on the ball in terms of our rights, so I am thinking about absolutely wor
  6. I think he's trying to say you need to work out your cost of living and your income first and worry about paying unsecured debt second - that's what your I&E is for - think about what UNSECURED actually means. You don't gotta do nothing until a court orders it despite what debt collectors might say or (illegally) threaten. Your right to food and shelter is protected in law but every day you will have a phone call from the banks trying to take it off you. Working out your monthly budget is where CCCS and National Debtline etc can give you loads of advice - if you don't know where
  7. Questionable. It was on the market for over six months at 5k under what I paid, so following disbursements and conveyancing would be slightly out of pocket - ASSUMING it sold. It didn't, and the best semi-offer we had was at 15k under so perhaps it was on at too high a price. That was last year so am almost certainly underwater now as it's a middle-income-squeeze sort of house.
  8. Hi, just posting about the last "difficult" creditor I have. I had a massive paycut, followed by a year of ZERO income, which is how I got into this situation. (Full detail on Intelligent Finance thread) Long story short I wrote to both in Dec 09 with full I&E and offering £1 until I returned to employment. Neither really responded other than with a DN followed by CCJ from Egg Loan in short space of time, and a second DN (!) from Egg Card. (They defaulted me sometime in 2009 already.) At least that stopped the fees+interest. Both are in five figures. I think these are now with to
  9. The DCA in Manchester was Robinson Way - was basically on hold with them for about three months and now I SEEM to have been passed on to iQor. No written confirmation yet.
  10. No equity in my case. I'm at a bit of a loss as to why they've pursued a CO - I presume it was some sort of accounting write-off practice as they've now instantly agreed to a tenner a month on a balance in five figures without even asking for I&E... which is what I was offering for the two years previous.
  11. What happens if it is related to a CO (if that's what you meant by "secured to property")?
  12. When you say Summons - is it an actual court form from Northampton with a case reference number etc etc or is it some sort of final notice threatening legal action? I would certainly ring the court with the reference number as it sounds like it's a bit out of the blue. Do you have any CCJs already? Could you give a bit of background on the Santander story? (but remember - they might read your post!)
  13. Hi - thought I'd start a thread as these are my second most painful creditor after MBNA. I thought I'd diary these last awkward creditors as much to share victories as to pick your brains as I've had quite a few complaints and things upheld so far. Background: We got into difficulties in Autumn 2007 when the company I worked for stopped paying me without bothering with any of that redundancy stuff and eventually went into liquidation. I was then out of work for about 3 months until started own business which did OK in 2008 but folded in 2009 (our main customers were banks - you see the
  14. Wow - when you say long-running you mean it. Have you tried phoning the adjudicator at the FOS and asking directly what they meant? It does seem they've contradicted themselves there. They're generally quite good on the phone once you manage to get a call returned. Otherwise - is anyone pursuing you at the moment? If not I think it's a case of just putting it in the box and not worrying about it.
  15. Oh - and once you've written to them DO NOT discuss on the phone. Just politely explain that it's now potentially a contempt situation and everything must be in writing. I've come to the conclusion that the worst possible thing you can do to the wazzocks phoning you from firms like this is stay polite - nothing annoys them more.
×
×
  • Create New...