Video Controller Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just formatted daughters old laptop and now i am having issues with the display driver... tried installing SiS UniVGa Display Driver (as this was what Driver Magician found to be compatible) and recieved system message of "cannot detect device please confirm that device is configured properly then restart set up" tried the usual way via device manager of updating but recieved same message. any help would be gratefull

how old and what is it?

typically 'old' stuff needs to the chipsets to be installed first before the display drivers.

goto the makers website and download the install manual and check.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if no joy, I personally go to device manager, find the properties and find the PCI vendor ID number of the graphics adapter, then google it and see what results other people have had.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi and thanks again for the responses... the laptop is an old Tiny A535 SiS mother board with AMD4 processor...I have actualy resolved the problem now, via downloading software and driver from SiS website.... website offers free scan of system and re-load of upto date drivers and software for your type of system....FANTASTIC....don't come across many companies that 'll do that nowadays.

Can you provide a link for the SiS website so other peeps can use if necessary in the future?

Thank you please:madgrin:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

http://www.sis.com/download/agreement.php?url=/download/

I hope this is of some assistance to those who are having or might have some of the issues that ive had !!! in the right hand corner of the page is a box that says " Idetify model number of SiS products, click on that and follow prompts, once it has loaded scan it will give a list of all installed and misssing software/drivers, all of which are "upto date".

Best Regards.

• Haha 1

I'm not familiar with Driver Magician but if it's similar to DriverMax, it should be avoided. DriverMax is simply a collection of all the drivers downloaded from users of the service, worldwide. Drivers offered as a match will often cause conflicts, they are highly unlikely to have come from or been tested on your specific system.

Manufacturers drivers /software are always the safest option, if available.

The SIS site is the way all these technical sites should be. I recently upgraded a PC with a new Gigabyte motherboard precisely because they have a similar system. Their site scans your whole computer and downloads exactly which updated drivers or software it needs or tells you where to get them ........ Bliss.

• 2 weeks later...

There is one very good solution, if you donot know much about the model of your hardware and want to find its driver. If you are using Microsoft Windows XP or above just start Windows updates and select custom from the selection manu. After scanning click on the hardware tab and you will find the drivers for your hardware. This method will work with about 80% of the hardware.