ISP, first bill, overcharged

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, could someone give me some advise please?

I cannot afford to loan money, my ISP want more than I have budgeted for (more than we agreed) and they tell me I cannot refuse payment if it's in dispute.

This sounds like an unfair contract, which I'm sure there is a law about?

What should I do? I have asked them to adjust the bill and they are looking into it but I suspect they will, at best, credit my next bill and therefore effectively demand I lend them money which I simply don't have.

If I allow the DD to go through, I'll go overdrawn and incur bank charges. If I don't allow it, I'll probably incur non-payment charges from my ISP. Please advise as time is of the essence.

What is the reason for the increase in cost from original agreement?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

They have charged me for a service that is supposed to be free for six months. It was agreed on the phone (point of sale) and stated in their follow up letter that it is free for the first six months.

Simple then, you have zero obligation to pay anything other than what was contractually agreed.

I would cancel the direct debit and make a manual payment of the correct amount.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

It is more expensive to pay non-direct debit (I really am working on a very strict budget unfortunately) and I was warned not to cancel the DD as it'll incur a non-payment charge as dispute of amount is no excuse not to pay, according to their T&C's.