How to find the account number when an account is closed?

Guest NATTIE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a landmark post of 1000, I have agreed with some and disagreed with some and hit my head against a brick wall many a time when I have read some things. I may not agree with everything but I will fight tooth and nail for you to be allowed to express your opinion even if it contradicts my own views.

Back to the subject in hand.

How can NatWest find an account that had been closed?

This advice is specifically for those who's account was open on or prior to October 2002 and my information is unfortunately incomplete for post October 2002, to which I apologise.

Why is October 2002 an important date?

On 4th October 2002, NatWest PLC computer system ran for the last time. On October 5th 2002 RBS Group PLC computer system became live with real time banking.

Nice info but why is this important?

Effectively NatWest PLC computer system froze in time at the above date. The old NatWest PLC produced a note on customer accounts everytime correspondence, marketing, complaints and charges- when a letter WAS actually sent out to you on every ocassion/

How does that help me to get my account number?

The new RBS Group PLC computer system still has access to the old system called the NatWest Archive which has a search system under name, sort code and gender. Very simple and accessible to all branch staff. So if your account was open on October 5th 2002 then you can go to your branch and get the account number with simple straightforward information.

What else would I need?

Address details for October 2002, identification for yourself(or the branch would be in breach of Data Protection Act and ID procedures) and the details mentioned above,

What about for accounts after October 2002?

On this point I have to apologise and state that this information is incomplete in my knowledge although I am sure that I will have the info eventually and will post. For what its worth NatWest can do a search under name and branch name but it may be difficult to confirm account details as there is no address on this search engine.

Additional Information: A lot of staff working for RBS Group PLC Data Protection Unit are unaware of a search engine to locate accounts so i thought i would add it here.

Back Office 04, 26, 45, option 1 or 2(memory lapse as one of them orders statements for Oct 2002 and prior to it). This produces 12 options one of them is a search facility. You do need the sort code of the branch you opened the account at plus the post code, Date Of Birth, name, but it takes approximately 30 seconds and any natwest employee can find it.

I hope this information helps and I would apologise that my information for post October 2002 accounts opened and closed is not complete.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks