Rude call from nhs doctors surgery

loopinlouie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to paint the picture I have epilepsy and mental health problems that affect my memory. As a result of many a time forgetting to either reknew or take my medicatin, the surgery liasing with boots deliver it weekly in preformed daily package,easier to keep track of what taken:lol:

Anyhow the phone rings and they say its the doctors surgery and then add oh can you hold on? No problem I say as I know how busy they can be and a few mins later she comes back.

She says boots is there to collect a prescription and she doesnt have it or know what it is for and comes accross a lttle flustered if annoyed. I said politely that if it is boots it will be my epilepsy medication and she adds that a number of medications are listed on my file ( have problems with ongoing eczma needing steroids etc......) and I again say it will be the epilepsy medication, to which she says oh well I will tell him it is just not here and tell him to go and slamms the phone down:mad:

I am a little confused by this as know it is all reknewed automatically for me by the surgery and their have been a few glitches all at their end I add, but they have presevered and sorted them, so no big deal.

I ring back, another woman I am familiar with sorts the issue with the medication and either boots are having to reapear at my doctors or they will issue it anyhow and pick it up another time.

I ring the practive manager to ask for an apology politely and am told that three other members were there at the time and didnt think she was rude:lol::lol:

So I asked her did I do anything wrong as I only answered the questions asked and she clearly was either stressed or annoyed with me and chose to take it out on me by in my mid sentance slamming the phone down to me.

They said she wasnt rude and I was making a bigger deal out of this than needed. I said I as the customer trust my doctors surgery and dont expect to be treat in a manner I would label a dca angry you are not the person they want and would she be interested that my trusty true call machine had recorded the whole event?

She said no and that she has known the woman for some years and its not her normal practice basically to behave in such a way. I said I wanted an apology and reassurance she was not treating others the same and picked up resentment in that the woman was obvoulsy a friend of the phone slammer and wanted me to go away.

After me carrying on she did give me the address to write in, but I added it would be fair to me to listen to the call to see how much I tried to help the slammer in her query with me and how it would be seen to be rude to just slamm the phone down and leave me not knowing wether medication was on the way or not, in fact I had to ring in to get it resorted anyhow.

I asked who was her superior and told a doctors name and I said who watches over the surgeries for the nhs and told th e pct. I eventually get a woman who deals with issues such as mine and is looking into it and she says she would at least hope to get an apology for me. I said to her if they dont know they need to apologise I would think my experience cannot be that unique by this woman.

Look we all have bad days and a receptionist can be stressy when large que in front of her, I know, Ive seen it and often discounted offish behaviour due to it obvious they are in a rush, no problem.

But I have also had to discount other behaviour which put me at risk, so I decided to take this up. My medication for the epilepsy as not working was upped by the consultant to get an improvement in my conditon. They over the last 18months have written to surgey many times to get them to alter the prescription but week in week out it arrives with the old dosage and many times I have patiently raised the issue to be told will be looked into and eventually due to me not getting any worse, I gave up. Seemed easier to leave things as they are than the hastle of going into surgery again.

Look we all get snotty people on the phone occasionally but they were ringing me at the request of a boots driver confused as to why the surgery had not automaticaly reknewed my prescription once more.

I didnt need it today and as my friend true call shows how patient I was I have told them when I next see doctors in a few days tie I EXPECT POLITE APOLOGY FACE TO FACE, so she can see next time who she was being rude to xxxxxx

Rant over for now xxxxx:lol:

Thing is I know me very well as have like another character inside, dont panic know not going off on one. She keeps telling me to stop the epilepsy meds and for many years I didnt understand why. Thing is I seem to for whatever reason remember me being someone else before the epilepsy was diagnosed, my friends at the time, said i have always been the same, not in derogitory way, but I felt changed when went on the drugs. Tired, drowsy and basically a walking person, who felt her persoanlity had dissapeared, another words I became ill.

For whatever reason I have regulary been non compliant with meds, trying to find the real me. If she exists and often I hear the voice dont take them they will hurt you and over the years I have started to learn to ignore that as told some time ago it was not uncommon for epielpsy patients to struggle with this.

I want to stop the medication again, I just dont need the hastle you see and am aware people like the surgery feel I am stupid or annoying maybe or second class, otherwise I cant explain how people can get away with being so rude when years ago I could have confidently put them in their place, now I cant.

I am serious going to consider stopping the meds. I am right near a hospital and want to know if my body can cope with me not on the meds. You see my confidence might return and to be honest putting up with more seizures would be worth it.

I so wanted to tell this woman today to F off, but I am so polite and cant talk back to people I feel are superior to me.

Dont worry I will inform the hospital I am comming of meds and I am sure they will see me more often and to be honest its my choice, at least I wont have to deal with horrible people like that again. xxxxx

Thanks for your opiinion, appreciated.

I just cant understand why nowadays it is felt acceptable for a receptioninst to be able to be rude to a person and slam the phone down in mid sentance.

Yes I agree they probably have a lot to deal with, but they rang me. I was not expecting any call and only politley answered what asked. She is clearly heared saying what medicine, me replying probably for the epilepsy as boots deliver it and then she rants well I will tell him to go away then.

At that point I am aware my medicine is not comming tommorow. Imagine if it was the other way around, would my behaviour have been deemed acceptable by them, NO. Their desk clearly warns any abuse or bad behaviour will result in non treatment.

Incidently my medication arrived today this afternoon, but due to surgery error it did not arrive as normal in weekly am pm preformed pack, which helps me and stops me as before accidently double dosing as forgot had taken it.

Ive said we all have off days, but if the surgery cant realise such behaviour is impolite and upsetting in my case then that leads me to believe their behaviour I forgive for them being so rushed which could be read as dismissive and rude, is the norm. I just dont think it takes too much to say sorry we were rude.

Over the top maybe, but hey thats me, I wasnt like this till put on these meds I believe anyhow. Maybe its time to stop them and try natural therapies. xx

Was to make appt for follow up cervical smear, dont think I can go in now, but again thats my mental health problem, I have to feel safe and comfortable going somewhere, they took that away today wether I am over the top upset or not.

Incidently Ive had a tough time these last few months with sky taking the pee and slamming my phone line and repeated when phone line up calls from bcw asking for another person and being rude. Now I am a cagger so know how to deal with this, I just didnt need a practice I trust to add to the stress when I am finally seeing an end to the other issues. At first they said I was the one who was being obstructive, as in not answering what she wanted to hear, untill I told them of the tape, then it changed.

So anyone who doesnt record their calls could be treated at fault if the receptionist is having a bad day, thats what upset me. I felt I had to prove I had jsut tried to help her.

Sad day when receptionist cant be just told to be polite as she would expect, I am not over the top as i have the tape and can be clearly heard asking her to make sure my medicines are okay for tommorow and she tells me she is sending the boots man away. How would you feel when you dont like taking the meds anyhow and hear voices saying stop them and are told not to stop them or will end up in hospital more. My point is maybe I am oversensitive due to my condition, but does that excuse the receptionist. Maybe next time she calls I should say F off and feel unworried about any reprocussions, I mean I would only be having a bad day. xx

I was told a while ago I have poss borderline personality disorder but they didnt want to diagnose it and label me straight away, next time diagnosed with depression due to ptsd, then the next time told I seemed jolly and should just go out more. Maybe if mental health didnt fobb people like me off whithout having the time to consistantly look into case another words not diff person every appt then I might have got somewhere in dealing with me.

But saying that I have come to terms with me and know there is two of me, maybe next time I wont resist letting her out, she takes no messing. Yept thats it next time I will tell them to F OFF and deserve a label of unhelpful or whatever, maybe the receptionist will deserve her had a bad day and had a lot to deal with if we all dont put up with it. .

Thing is its exhausting holding her in and i cant go out a lot because of it, I know she pops out and I cant control it. Maybe she is the real me and I should just think s*d em all. I dont want to be part of this world.

Edited by loopinlouie

She called you, expected you to wait until it was convnient to her to be rude to you and then slammed the phone down when things weren't going her way? To be honest I'd tell a 3 year old off for such behaviour! You are not overreacting and you have a right to expect professionalism from your doctor's surgery. They deal with very sensitive issues. I'd put a complaint in writing.

Edited by Fuzzgin
gremlins stealing letters.

• 2 weeks later...

in terms of changing your medication after seeing your consultant, the surgery need formal notification from him/her then they should do it no problem.

If you were to follow the incorrect doseage (because they had failed to change the dose after being notified by the consultant) and harm were to befall you, your surgery would be liable.

Thanks for the input xx

They have confirmed they already have had letters from my epilepsy nurse on two ocassions stating the new dosage and will change my prescription on their systems, when they didnt I got asked to see my doctor and to be honest I already have and raised the issue and cant be bothered to waste his time once more. Its simply a matter of a mistake and since I dont like the tablets anyhow I will leave it as it is.

Do I want my side effects to get worse, NOPE and Ive read recently how these meds can be super hard to come off and they side effects that effect me are very common. I feel like I need to sleep and sleep so thinking of upping the dose I know will not work.

Will leave it and if end up in hospital they can make sure they change the meds for me then, if can manage it at home I will leave well alone xx.