Yorkshire Water - Intended Charging Order.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im in a bit of a pickle and wondered if anyone could tell me if lm heading in the right direction.

To cut a long story short we pay Yorkshire water via weekly payments, only l fell behind with about 3 weeks worth when my partners hours were cut dramatically back in March, whichever payments l did miss l caught up with within a matter of weeks (budgeting to try keep all other bills paid) at the time we had trouble with our mortgage so l made that priority. Around a month ago l was £48 in arrears, Yorkshire Water took me to court, l wasn't aware of this as l had no paperwork sent but l did receive a CCJ letter yesterday which stated l had been more or less charged the full years water bill, which isn't even due to be paid in full until March next year, on top of this are costs so all together they want me to pay over £900 - yesterday!

Today l have had delivered, a letter from a debt finance company saying they can help with the judgment (how did they even know when l didn't?) and a letter from Yorkshire water saying that unless l make payment now they will take legal action to obtain a charging order. They also threaten that this could mean they can get courts to force us to sell our home.

lm furious, first off they are charging me for water l have not even used yet and l am angry that the way they have replied to a letter l sent them in April stating that we were suffering financial difficulty but would catch up a.s.a.p was to just take court action regardless, and not even bother contacting me to let me know.

ls it worth me writing to Yorkshire water to complain, or should l just ask for a new payment arrangement to be put into place. On the court paper it states that l should write to the court if l cannot pay the debt in full yet Yorkshire water are insisting l contact them.

lm really upset that they can take this action for payments that are not even due yet, my partner is out of a job at the end of the month and Yorkshire Water are aware of this as they told me that if we claim benefits payments could be made directly from our benefits.

Any advice on how to approach Yorkshire Water/Courts would be great fully received

Thanks in advance.