Redundancy - Company cannot find contract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am after some advice, I have been issued with notice of redundancy from my company that I have been with for 12yrs. I was lead to believe that as I was on an original contract that I was entitled to an 'enhanced' package. In my redundancy statement all they have done is removed the £380 cap from statutory redundancy and nothing else.

I have asked for a copy of my contract so that i can see exactly what i am entitled to, but I have been told that they do not have a copy of this any more.

My question is how can they calculate a redundancy package if they cannot find out what my contracted redundancy is?

They are being fair and paying me 1 week for each year I have worked there, but they are making me work 12wks notice.

Any help would be appreciated

There is a standard formula for calculating redundacy. It is basically age (either 1 or 1.5.) x salary x years worked.

This is the minimum they would have to pay you according to law. Your contract might specify some sort of severance payment, but this is unlikely.

It is common for employers to invite voluntary redunancy on more favourable terms, in an attempt to avoid having to make compulsory redundancies. This might be what you mean by 'enchanced package'.

Are you the only one being made redundant? Would anybody else have had the same contract as you?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!