• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • The airline says it is investigating reports that customers can view other passengers' personal information.View the full article
    • They are finding new ways to cut back on household spending as China’s economy loses steam.View the full article
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Creation/Irwin 1a small claim Summons old BOS then GE Money Joint Loan *WON*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay SFU - All done and ready to be posted to Pursuing Sols this morning by Special Delivery.

Cheers

AFW

Couldn't get back on here over the weekend Husband was rushed into hospital Saturday afternoon, glad to say he is feeling a bit better but still not out the woods yet.

With all the help and support from SFU, defence all written up and posted to Sols.

Now just waiting for Wednesday for hearing. Will let you all know result on Wdnesday. I only hope I can put forward the defence SFU has produced in a manner that the sheriff will have no option but to dismiss.

Cheers

AFW

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Busy day for you tomorrow - and for me as well at work. Will have a look when I get home, but I am sure you will be successful. Be thinking about you.

Many thanks SFU, just having a wee read up before I leave for court, I only hope I can do YOU proud for all the hard work, patience and time you have giving me.

Cheers

AFW

I have a PTA meeting - wondering if the school will let me log on to check

:typing:

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi

As you will know from the above posts I was in Court today for a Small Claims Hearing against Creation Financial Services.

AND GUESS WHAT!!!!!! - WE WON

With all his Help, Time & Patience seriously fed up guided me all the way through this case. ]

We cannot thank him enough from the bottom of our hearts from my whole family.

When we reached the court it was in full swing with Summary Hearings, then we thought another 30mins or so.....then lunch time court stopped for recess.

When I got back into the court room after lunch Creations Solicitor approached me to say they were going to dismiss the case if I agreed......

Then I remembered what SFU told me, as he predicted they might do something like this.

I said I wasn't agreeing to a dismissal, I wanted the court to grant Absolvitor (Hadn't a clue what it was till SFU told me) anyway after a few seconds of humming and hawing he agreed. Then guess what I was last to be called 3.30pm.

It was the Same Court Room (No.13 unlucky for some) Same Sheriff as the IA HEaring I attended on 25th August and the Same Clerk it felt like De Ja Vue.

So thats it final no more from Creation Financial Services.

Not quite sure if I should get confirmation from the courts or Solicitors regarding this as I would like to keep the proof of Absolvitor in the file....but will phone court tomorrow to find out.

I shall post all up here in the next few days as all through this my Husband has been very ill and waiting on tests and results so I need to see to him also, please bear with me.

If there is anything anybody needs urgently that I can provide please do not hesitate to contact me I shall be only too pleased to forward any information SFU has giving me.

Cheers

AFW

:cheer2:

well done x

and to SFU as well - SFU supplied the tools but you took the time to use those tools and read and learn.

I am soooooooooo happy for you

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Absolutely Ida.

We can offer support/ advice and all the rest, but at the end of the day someone has to go into court and face these people and that is the most difficult part of all. Big cheers for afw. :smile::smile::smile:

My own take on this from quite early was that there wasnt actually anyway afw should ever have lost this case

- I mean without a signed agreement bringing this action really was quite ridiculous.

It verged on abuse of process.

But I was always worried that she would get some dork of a Sheriff :sad: who would misunderstand the whole situation, and no matter how well her defence was put it would all count for nothing.

But she managed to scare them off with her defence and, indeed by turning up (we had one case a few months ago where apparently the pursuer's solicitor was really quite inconvenienced by the fact that she had turned up in court to argue her case rather than just rolling over. And this was after she had a submitted a defence).

Very glad too that she went for absolvitor (and I didnt know what it meant either till Monty told me about it - that's how this site works!) because it means that they cant bring the case back again - EVER. Something to be remembered if you are in court in Scotland and facing the same situation.

On a more contentious note,

this type of case really does illustrate the problems of the watering down of the Act of Sederunt amendment between its proposal in August last year and what was actually legislated.

In August, the pursuer had to attach a copy of the agreement to the statement of claim, but by November when it was brought into law, they only had to aver this existed.

Had the proposal been acted on this case wouldnt have got started because they never had a copy of the agreement.

So this poor lady has been dragged through court and stressed (while going through stressful circumstances due to her husband's ill-health) because - I would suggest - the financial community saw the hole that the proposal would blow in their capacity to chase up cases like this.

If they dont have an agreement they wouldnt even have been able to get started. :-x:-

xNow they only have to make an averment (and they didnt even do that in this case!),

so claim gets made,

target gets so spooked they pay up or come to an arrangement

(because the likelihood is that they will)

but the lender ACTUALLY lacks the capacity to enforce the claim.

This is not good :mad2::mad2:

But today we won and we should celebrate that fact. WELL DONE AFW. :-):razz::smile::-):-):-)

Morning SFU

You are absolutly correct that it should never have gone this far, I can see that now, obviously they thought they would try their hand at poker (as you stated somewhere on here) and that is what this is all about. I am so glad we showed our hand before the hearing (not saying this would work for everyone) but it certainly worked for me, must have had them in a tizzy when they got the copy of the defence on Monday morning.

Also as you said it could have been a dork of a sheriff I think that is what I was scared of. I must admit I didn't eat or sleep for the two days before hand and the on the way to the court I did feel like turning back and throwing the towel in. Also due to my Husband being so ill I was struggling as he is my first priority.

This will now give me the time to care for my Husband, hoping none of the other creditors raise their heads and try and do the same thing. (Thats another story).

We shall be making a donation to CAG, however not until next month, and the month after as I feel this forum needs every penny they can get and I only wish I could give more. It is my Daughter who shall be giving me the money to donate to CAG for all the kind help we have received.

You have a great day SFU you thoroughly deserve it and more.

Cheers

AFW

Hi Ida

Love the Cheer Leader.....

Is there any way I can alter heading to include Creation Financial Services and that this case has been WON.

This would enable anybody else that needs help with CFS would find it. I didn't want to put the name in the heading at first in case they were snooping.

Cheers

AFW

Just to say great stuff, AFW and SFU, well done :clap2:

And not forgetting Ida.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Congratulations afw....you should be very proud of yourself.I know how intimidating attending court can be but you stayed strong and got the right result in the end.SFU ....you did a really top notch job on this one...congratulations to you and Ida too !

Have now received a letter and a new copy of CCA from C L Finance. Still not a very good copy but readable with magnifying glass. Cohen now pushing for payment due to phone calls.

Please could someone take a look a let me know what you think....Enforceable/Unenforceable.

This account was originally with Bank of Scotland, Transferrred to GE Money not long after I took it out, then when I defaulted a few years into it they assigned it to C L Finance in 2008 who now own it.

I initally received a letter from Lewis Debt Recovery in 2008 stating they were acting for CL Finance and were advising me that CL Finance had been assigned this account. I have put up a copy of this below.

Letter from Lewis

Letter from CL Finance

Copy of CCA (Front)

Copy of CCA (Back)

1..However the agreement states an original agreement number and all other correspondence states a completely different account number (Any Thoufhts on this).

2. No Cancellation details

3. GE Money obviously change the agreement number when it was transferred to them from Banck of Scotland.

Any help would be gratefully received.

AFW

Thanks beetle1234, it was intimidating but as SFU said just think of them in fancy dress and thats what I did on the day, still felt nervous and without all the help I got on here from SFU & Ida I would never have been able to achieve the result without them.

I also went along to court on days I knew that they had cases on and sat through the hearings just to get the feel of it and I definately found it helped me, not saying it would help everyone it would either help or make you more nervous knowing whats coming.

Cheers

AFW

Hi

I have been wondering as this case has been won through the courts would that allow me to ask Creations to remove default from my credit file, not that it makes much difference as I shall not be applying for credit ever aain and also there is still a few defaults on our file as it is. Its just a matter of principle as they have recorded a default in 2007 (never received a default notice or termination to my knowledge) then sent me another default notice in 2010/

AFW

where did you sign this?

at home or in the bank?

Those things make it not properly executed under s61(1) of the CCA 1974 and therefore only enforceable by court order under s65.

The court's powers of enforcement are defined in s127(3) - a document signed by the debtor and having the prescribed terms. The document in post #1 complies with this - it may not have all the T&Cs but it does have the ones that matter as far as enforceability is concerned (ie the ones set out in Schedule 6 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983). It is therefore enforceable.

nicked from steven

this was based on no cancellation rights and missing t and c's

maybe sar needed to check the default notcie etc

Thank Ida,

Can you tell also the agreement has an agreement number on it AAAAAAA, I also have letters from BOS staing that this is the agreement number.

However when transferred to GE Money in 2005-6 they must have changed the number as all their demanding letters and threats are for a different number BBBBBB.

So now it has been assigned to CL Finance the letters I am recieving from Lewis Debt Recovery and Cohens have the BBBB number on them.

Would they be allowed to take me to court for Account number BBBB and produce an agreement with BBBBBBB number.

Just a thought!!!!!!

AFW

I think so as many companies have their own reference's when passed to dca's etc.

I think so as many companies have their own reference's when passed to dca's etc.

This is not a DCA reference number it is GE Money agreement reference which is also stated on their demand letters and statements they must have changed the number when the loan was transferred in 2005-6 which I am told that BOS sold a lot of their loans at that time.

The Scenario is:

1..2004 - Agreement with Bank of Scotland Agrement Number - AAAAAA (On original Agreement)

2...2005-6 Transferred to GE Money 2005-6their agreement number on letters etc .- BBBBBB (Dont know why it changed)

3...2007 Defaulted then Assigned to CL Finance, Sending demands with - BBBBB agreement number. Requested copy of CCA in 2009.

4...2010 - CL Finance sends me a copy of Original Agreement which I already had with Agreement Number - AAAA

So if I end up in court with CL Finance who are demanding payment for agreement number BBBB and they produce a copy of Agreement Number AAAA would this be enforceable.

I know this must sound confusing, I am trying to simplify it but its not easy.

AFW

I think you need to understand exactly what you have achieved

- this is to prevent them getting a court order to make you pay up the account

- getting the law on their side.

That doesnt make the account go away - it still exists, but they cant enforce it. In practice they will probably write it off and forget about it.

But, the one thing they can do is report that the account was never settled, that there was (as far as they will say) a DN issued - put briefly they can damage your credit record and there isnt much you can do to prevent them.

Yes, it should all be true and accurate, but in practice

- so I understand from comments of others on here

- the credit reference agencies pretty well always take the view of the lender.

You could try, but I think it would be steeply up hill and might not be worth it when you get there.

Remember too that the burden of proof would be on YOU this time.

How do you prove something didnt happen?

How do you prove they didnt isue a DN?

About the only way I can think of to show that this is possible would be to go through your SAR and see if there is a record of a DN going out.

That would be some kind of evidence if not.

Thank you for your reply SFU, it was just a wee thought that came into my head when I was going through the paperwork, I am not too fussed about it being on my credit file, as said wont be applying for credit ever again.

The fact they can't enforce it through the courts again, will do for us, espepcially at this time when hubby has been admitted again and hopefully procedure being carried out on monday/tuesday.

Also there is a few others we need to deal with.

Thanks again.

Cheers

AFW