Mortgage obtained under duress

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

If you have the FSA reference number you can look them up on the FSA register. I would also phone the FSA and report them. The FSA will tell you they cannot help individuals but they normally look into reports of wrongdoing. Then your next port of call would have to be the FOS and a solicitor. I am sure your Mum was missold and the broker and mortgage company have not adhered to FSA rules.

• 1 year later...

Right i know ive been away from ages but this is where im at regarding mums mortgage. Ok so I have spoken to the FSO who sounded quite positive about the complaint but i realise there are laws and proceedures to adhear to so I am keeping an open mind.

i am in the middle of putting all paperwork together. This includes, all mortgage and broker documentation, letters from creditiors writing off their debts, letters from my local MP who was heavily involved in helpuing writing the debts off. leters from her doctor, and medical dischage relating to her suicide attempt. Letters from the police and criminal justice sytems which stat the crimes and sentances passed on her then partner and payslips proving what she earnt at the time. I am also writing out a detailed explaination of the cirumstances that have lead up to this point and I am going to point out the http://lexisweb.co.uk/cases/2001/mar...ltd-and-others case which have considerable similarites.

Does all of the above sound ok and is there anything that you may feel i have missed out?

Ill keep you posted :)