advice regards debts from my son

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have discovered some letters from debt recovery agencys for my son, who lives with me .It states on the letters that they can come and remove items from my house.Does this mean that anything in the house can be removed by them or can they only remove things that are his?If they can only remove things that are his,will i be expected to prove that the things which belong to me are actually mine?Getting very concerned that i will lose my belongings and the belongings of my other children due to my son (29 yrs old) not paying his bills!!

Also if these agencys go to court as they are threatening to do so will this mean that my address is what would be black listed or is it just the name of the person who owes the debt?

DCA's have NO LEGAL POWERS

all they can do is send threat-o-grams

if you look carefully they are littered with the words:

if, might, maybe, could, instructed, proceed.

there is bugger all they can do.

they are NOT bailffs, they have as much power as the milkman!!

in our blue bar above

you'll see search

just type the name of the fleecing company in there and do some reading

you'll soon get the idea.

we call those letters - a phishing trip

they are designed to make you contact them

then they threaten everything including killing your neighbours cat

for a debt that is most probably written off a long time ago by the OC.

NEVER talk on the phone to these fleecers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Here's a plug but also some very useful advice. Consider buying the Bailiff book which we currently have on offer. It is half price here and only for the remainder of this month. You won't find it at this price anywhere else and it will answer all of your questions and more.

No they can't take property not beoinging to your son

If the DCA really is claiming to be able to rmeove property then report them to the OFT and to Trading Standards

as far as i can make out the debts are with mobile phone companies .

just also bear-in-mind that the vast majority of mobile phone debts are written-off for tax purposes by the mobile phone co. they are no longer interested in the money.

they are then 'sold' to DCA's in bulk for about 5-10% of face value

the dca's then spew-out phishing letters containing various hyperthetical scenarios that 'could' arise, hoping to get the 'mug' to respond in some way shape or form - if they don't pay.

they then make alot of money for a very small outlay.

DON'T be temped to do anything.

if you are going to speak about it to your son, then the best bet is to show him this forum & this and other like threads

if you tell us the fleecer that has written this phishing letter, we'll know how much attention you really need to pay to it

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You have nothing to fear, they threaten court action but do not follow through if the debt is only

They might also make arrangements without your permission to call at the house, they are nothing more than sales representatives... also this is another scare tactic from them that they don't always carry out.

Baliffs would only come if your Son was taken to court and instructed by the judge to do so.

If you own your property they cannot take anything belonging to you.... they would be looking for things belonging to your son specifically.

I would make sure your son owns very little outright and items like beds and clothing are fine.

You have nothing to fear, they threaten court action but do not follow through if the debt is only

They might also make arrangements without your permission to call at the house, they are nothing more than sales representatives... also this is another scare tactic from them that they don't always carry out.

Baliffs would only come if your Son was taken to court and instructed by the judge to do so.

If you own your property they cannot take anything belonging to you.... they would be looking for things belonging to your son specifically.

I would make sure your son owns very little outright and items like beds and clothing are fine.

please dont scare people

this is NOTHING to do with bailffs and they will NEVER get involved in a civil mobile phone debt...ever!!

dx

and they