A little advice re Lloyds TSB credit card please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A close relative has asked me to advise on a problem she has.

She has had a Lloyds TSB credit card for about 10 years. About 7 years ago she got into difficulties and got defaulted. She was able to keep up minimum payments after cutting everything else to the bone.

Today she still owes about £2000 and is paying it at £45 a month which means her debt is reducing at less than £20 a month.

She wanted to know if there is a way that she can get the credit card company to freeze interest so that she can pay off the debt as quickly as possible. As you can see even if the interest stayed at the level it is now she would take the best part of 10 tears to pay off.

Any suggestions?

what about unlawful fees and poss mis-sell of PPI reclaiming.?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A close relative has asked me to advise on a problem she has.

She has had a Lloyds TSB credit card for about 10 years. About 7 years ago she got into difficulties and got defaulted. She was able to keep up minimum payments after cutting everything else to the bone.

Today she still owes about £2000 and is paying it at £45 a month which means her debt is reducing at less than £20 a month.

She wanted to know if there is a way that she can get the credit card company to freeze interest so that she can pay off the debt as quickly as possible. As you can see even if the interest stayed at the level it is now she would take the best part of 10 tears to pay off.

Any suggestions?

Hello pebsham,

What about the credit agreement, does your friend have a copy?

I think ten tears is a lot to cry about. (No offence meant to you, just a little joke on the spelling.)

Is your friend in a good position to offer a Full and Final Settlement payment to them?

Kind Regards

The Mould

Hi The Mould,

I'm not sure it was a spelling mistake. I think she's cried more than 10 tears over this debt!

I will get her to obtain the CCA. I know she cannot offer a full and final amount.

Thanks

Hello pebsham,

Please accept my apology if I have offended you or your friend with that joke of mine.

Yes, CCA request them and then take it from there.

Kind Regards

The Mould