Will I Get Banned?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyonre,

I have received 2 letters asking me for the driver -both saying I was doing up to 40 in a 30, both within 2 days of each other and both from the same camera.

what's strange is that the road they said i was on is one that i drive in to work on everyday - and have done for nearly a year- so i know it's a 30 and I know where the cameras are...I have never been over the limit before....I must have gone over it, but I really don't remember - and, I don't remember being flashed, either time!!

I am worried that, for some reason, I may receive some more - as I have been to work everyday last week - I am going on holiday next week, so won't be in the UK but I am really worried that I could get 12 points and, effectively, banned if I have any more.

I am going to write back saying i was the driver - and i guess it's just a

waiting game to see if I get anymore.

I've had my licence for 9 years and I have never had ANY points before.....I REALLY don't want to lose my licence.

Can anyone give me an idea what would/could happen?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Hello everyonre,

I have received 2 letters asking me for the driver -both saying I was doing up to 40 in a 30, both within 2 days of each other and both from the same camera.

what's strange is that the road they said i was on is one that i drive in to work on everyday - and have done for nearly a year- so i know it's a 30 and I know where the cameras are...I have never been over the limit before....I must have gone over it, but I really don't remember - and, I don't remember being flashed, either time!!

I am worried that, for some reason, I may receive some more - as I have been to work everyday last week - I am going on holiday next week, so won't be in the UK but I am really worried that I could get 12 points and, effectively, banned if I have any more.

I am going to write back saying i was the driver - and i guess it's just a

waiting game to see if I get anymore.

I've had my licence for 9 years and I have never had ANY points before.....I REALLY don't want to lose my licence.

Can anyone give me an idea what would/could happen?

Is there something missing here? More what?

Unless you already have points (which you say you havn't), the worse case senario is you would get 3 points per ticket.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

Is there something missing here? More what?

Unless you already have points (which you say you havn't), the worse case senario is you would get 3 points per ticket.

He means more speeding FPNs for the same week I think Sailor Sam. If, for some reason, (eg his speedo malfunctioning or the camera mis-firing) then he may receive up to 5 of these fines and therefore would be banned under topping up for 5 x 3 points.

Edited by crem

Once you've returned your details (don't forget you must do so within 28 days) you should receive a Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty (i.e. 3 points and £60) in respect of each matter.

Shame you hadn't been a tad slower as at 39mph you may well have been offered a Speed Awareness Course for one of them (unless you live in Scotland where no such courses are currently available). It wouldn't have saved you any money - the cost of the course is much the same as the COFP and sometimes more - but has no points attached to it.

He means more speeding PCNs for the same week I think Sailor Sam. If, for some reason, (eg his speedo malfactioning or the camera mis-firing) then he may receive up to 5 of these fines and therefore would be banned under topping up for 5 x 3 points.

Yes, that's what I mean - I just really don't remember doing it, so God knows what's happened - like I said, I've been driving on the same road for nearly a year and I've never done it before!! lol

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Once you've returned your details (don't forget you must do so within 28 days) you should receive a Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty (i.e. 3 points and £60) in respect of each matter.

Shame you hadn't been a tad slower as at 39mph you may well have been offered a Speed Awareness Course for one of them (unless you live in Scotland where no such courses are currently available). It wouldn't have saved you any money - the cost of the course is much the same as the COFP and sometimes more - but has no points attached to it.

One was bang on 40, one was under 39.....I have no problem doing the course, I'd even happily pay more.

Am I entitled to ask for the calibration certificate and evidence the daily checks were completed?

If so, when should I ask for them? I just don't want to get banned.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

At 30mph you will travel approx 44ft in 1 second. At 40mph the distance would be 58ft. It is not unheard of for speed cameras to produce an apparent speeding "offence" when a car was in fact travelling below the limit.

They should have sent you 2 photos showing that your car tavelled "x" distance (as shown by the white marks on the road) in "y" time. Given these 2 figures it is quite simple to varify your speed at the time.

I can't remember what distance the white lines are apart, but you can always go and measure them at that site, and the FPN should state the timing gap between the 2 photos.

At 30mph you will travel approx 44ft in 1 second. At 40mph the distance would be 58ft. It is not unheard of for speed cameras to produce an apparent speeding "offence" when a car was in fact travelling below the limit.

They should have sent you 2 photos showing that your car tavelled "x" distance (as shown by the white marks on the road) in "y" time. Given these 2 figures it is quite simple to varify your speed at the time.

I can't remember what distance the white lines are apart, but you can always go and measure them at that site, and the FPN should state the timing gap between the 2 photos.

Cheers Crem - I didn't get any photos, but they do say I can request them if I want to.

Should I send them back straight away, or wait to see if I get any others? I am going away on Monday you see, and don't know if it will look better if I send them straight back?

Also, will it be detrimental to my case if I do ask to see the photos now, or should I wait for their offer?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

If you are going to write to request photographs then I suggest you keep the letter short and sweet - along the lines of:

Dear Sir

Re: NIP No. ZXZXZXZXZX Dated: XX/05/10

I refer to the above notice and ask that I be provided with any photographs that may assist me to identify the driver at the time of the offence.

Yours faithfully

un1boy

At this stage of the process you are not entitled to see any of the evidence they have and nor are the police under any obligation to provide the photos but generally do in reply to a reasonable request. I would not suggest expanding on the script above and specifically do not include the words "evidence" or "proof" as they will almost certainly trigger the shutters.

As for the calibration certificates they will serve little purpose. I would focus on getting the photos and doing as crem has suggested.

Don't forget that asking for the photos doesn't stop the clock as far as the 28 days you have to reply in.

Thanks Snowy.

I have had a look online at the Truvelo cameras, and I think it was one of those that got me; I remember seeing it flash on both days, but I thought it was the sun in the reflection of the lens.....to be honest I thought it was a tax-disc camera, not a speed camera.

I feel happier that I remember where it was, as I don't think it got me any other days of the week.

I am out of the UK from tomorrow until 9th June, so I will send the docs back when I return, just in case I have anymore....that way, I know where I stand.

Still can't believe it - I just hope I don't have any more.

Edited by un1boy
typo's

My charges claims:

Default removals: