Poundstillpayday phoning work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have defaulted on my PTP loan and somehow they have found my work telephone number and have tried to call me at work - I didnt answer as I dont wish to speak with them about it in work, but where would they have got the number from?

Its not on the list of numbers I gave them. When I previously cancelled a DD they called my father at his house,where I have no lived for 10 years, where would they have got this number from? I find this really worrying. I dont want them leaving messages with my work colleagues if I am away from my desk.

If I call them and tell them not to call me at work will they listen?

Why not just unplug the phone from the wall when you're not at your desk?

That's my plan as from tommorow......

Edit: also if they did leave a message with your colleagues, which revealed that you owe them money, then report them to the ICO!

Edited by j203425

Unfortunately that will send it back to switchboard who will have to take a message - and I hear that they often disclose details in the message.

They are NOT allowed to disclose details - see my edit above

Also are you sure it sends it to the switchboard? I've just tried phoning my desk phone with it unplugged and it doesn't.

If they phone I would be temted to answer and say can I call you back in 5 minutes. Then tell them how it is, ie no work calls. At least you then have the conversation somewhere private. Virtually impossible to stop them leaving messages. They are based abroad and too late after you have pointed out OFT rules etc.

They are unpleasant to start off with until they pass to Clarity after 4/6 weeks who are normally easy to deal with.

You really can't negotiate with PTP and just have to wait for them to pass on.

I know they are not allowed to disclose details, but they do, and once they have done that, yes, I can complain, but it doesnt undo the damage to my reputation does it.

I know they are not allowed to disclose details, but they do, and once they have done that, yes, I can complain, but it doesnt undo the damage to my reputation does it.

That's a fair point, but remember you don't have to tell your colleagues the truth. Tell them the company have got it wrong and your solicitor is dealing with it ;)

If they phone I would be temted to answer and say can I call you back in 5 minutes. Then tell them how it is, ie no work calls. At least you then have the conversation somewhere private. Virtually impossible to stop them leaving messages. They are based abroad and too late after you have pointed out OFT rules etc.

They are unpleasant to start off with until they pass to Clarity after 4/6 weeks who are normally easy to deal with.

You really can't negotiate with PTP and just have to wait for them to pass on.

That's why I thought I'd go in hard from the off with my email on the other thread. No use threatening them with the ICO, OFT, FSO etc after they have made you look like a chump. hmmmmmm

Eeeek - I will forward you an email that i sent them PTP when i defaulted they didnt ring me once at work or on my mobile. It was done via emails and it was with no disruption to myself at all.

I will PM you it.

• 5 months later...