Cheque Centre - Advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had taken out a loan with these lot last year and entered a payment play of £50 a month to clear the balance off. Last month I had agreed with teh account manager to pay £150 to clear the whole balance, which was fine as I had made the arrangement to have this funding in place.

It transpires that yesterday they had taken £150 and £130 payment from my card which I did not authorise them to store. I have contacted themselves and there stance is pretty clear they will not accept a refunds and are saying its interest from not paying on time.

I am in the process of seeking legal advice about these payments as it is clearly not on and I want to highlight their conduct to other parties. What would be the best tactics to employ at this early stage - I have already sent them an email stating I want the £130 back within 24 hours otherwise I will issue legal proceedings and register a fraud investigation with my bank.

All advice welcome.

Cheers

W

i had a payment plan with cheque centre up until few weeks ago and i didnt have any problems. my balance was 195 and that was all they took. i was dealing with [NAME REMOVED]

Edited by alanfromderby

My account manager Stuart has since moved to 'another part of the business' I was told. It was Stuary who I had the agreement with and this will be recorded on audio and I have a letter to prove it.

They have refunded £130 as good will gesture and have requested that I pay the remaining balance which they state is £161.00 by the end of next month to clear the account.

This is really absurb - any thoughts from people how to approach?

• 4 weeks later...