6 months between offence and receiving ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

I received 2 council PCNs while away in the USA. They went to my old address and I didnt pick up my mail from there until recently, meaning that more than 6 months have passed since the alleged contraventions.

Although the tickets were issued within 2 weeks of the alleged parking contraventions, can I appeal on the basis that more than 6 months passed between the alleged contraventions and my physically receiving the tickets?

While I was only abroad for 3 months, I left the old address a week before leaving the UK (early november) and did not get the mail that was delivered there in my absence until last week (May).

thanks

H

Guest Old_andrew2018

IMHO you will not succeed as the mail was sent to your last known address, it is not a case of the tickets being issued late.

Andy

tits.

are there any other excuses that work after 6 months?! I beleive its too late for any normal grounds of appeal?

in one case the car wasnt parked there for more than 5 minutes but I know this is not technically grounds for appeal as the 5 minutes grace is unofficial

in the other case road markings and signs were insufficient

:Cry: