FPN Endorsable Offence- Grounds for Appeal? Please Help :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Basically about 3 weeks ago, i was pulled over on the roadside of the A20 Sidcup Road dual carriageway by the met police doing 61mph in a 40mph zone. Apparently they caught me with one of the mobile laser speed guns. Worst part is that they were positioned about 200 metres before a fixed speed camera.

The roadside officer filled out a Yellow Fixed Penalty Notice (Endorsable Offence) Form asking me to surrender my driving licence to my local police station,etc, and told me I had to pay a £60 fine and would get 3 points on my licence. On the form, he filled out the Offence Code as: 131- Excess Speed. I have since gone away and researched and shouldnt the speeding code be something such as SP30? If the code he filled out is incorrect am I able to appeal?

Futhermore the time the officer noted on the form was 0110 hours when the offence actually took place at 1310 hours. Again could i use this as a means of an appeal?

The whole reason why my speed was increased was because i was overtaking a learner bus driver who suddenly swerved to overtake a cyclist, and thats when the radar gun clocked me.I have had my licence nearly 5 years and have never had any kind of motoring offence and really don't want the points, so im going to request a hearing regardless, I just wanted to know what strong reasons i could pesent to the courts.

Appreciate any help on this. Thanks guys!

Your explanation of the reason for speeding will be irrelevant, and to be fair doesn't really hold water.

The court code for a speeding offence is SP30, but the code on a FPN may not necessarily reflect this. Someone else may know better. even if it is wrong, the FPN is not a legal document, and if you refuse the the offer of an FPN, the papers laid before a court may well be corrected (and legally can be corrected unlike a PCN).

The error on the time of the offence may be the most significant error on the FPN, but I don't know if you can appeal on this and whether they can correct it before court. Await further comments on that.