Morcroft Debt Recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I found this site after googling complaints about Moorcroft and noticed lots of complaints about them. They really are persistent and do as someone stated either do not understand the Law or choose to ignore it.

In February of this a Debt Management Company agreed final settlement amounts with all my creditors and paid them accordingly. However I received some post sent to my previous address which contained correspondence from Moorcroft sent after the debt was settled. They contained all sorts of demands and threats, including a veiled threat to send someone round (to my old address) to collect the money. However the National Debt Helpline had already informed me that once a final settlement amount has been agreed and paid the creditor or their representavies cannot demand further payments. I wrote to Moorcroft informing them of all the above including the name and reference number for the Debt Management Company who dealt with this and said I would report them to the FSA if they continued to harass me and also to the Police for demanding money with menace. No doubt they will ignore my letter and try again to get money out of me. I think they believe that because I am female and single I will be easy to bully. It is about time these Debt Recovery Companies, registered or not, were monitored more closely and not allowed to use threats to try and obtain money that is not owed. I suppose you have to be pretty nasty to start up a company that collects debts in the first place.

• 1 month later...

Have you reported them yet and if you have has anything be done yet. I would also be tempted to report this latest visit even though they called at the wrong address.

DDG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation