• Tweets

• I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
    • quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

When is GP catchment areas getting scrapped?

Stillborn Crisps
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It got announced last year that the NHS was getting rid of catchment areas for GPs, so you can effectively go to any Doctor of your choice.

I was in a clinic the other week and overheard a staff member saying in hushed tones that it was 'soon' to a patient that was having a problem registering, but does anyone know a specific date?

Any moles working for the NHS here able to let on? :-)

"Be reasonable, demand the impossible"

Hello there. I'm not with the NHS, but having done a quick google search, all I've found is that Andy Burnham, who may not be around after tomorrow in the role :) said in September last year that GP catchment areas would be abolished within 12 months.

The BMA doesn't shed any more light on it.

Not sure if that helps or not. HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yeah, that's all I could find too, which is why I asked for inside info! :)

The conversation I overheard sounded like it was definitely going ahead, not 'wait and see what happens after the election'.

I should've just gone and asked the woman. :-/

• 3 months later...

We have recently moved house, but we do not want to change GP. The receptionist says we have to move GP. She has given us til the end of September. We would be willing to sign a disclaimer, to the effect that we are not eligible for home visits. We have never had a home visit, our many out-of-hours contacts have involved us driving down to the out-of-hours centre, (which we're nearer to now)! If one of us did start needing district nurse input, then we would have to move GP, but that may never happen. We would really like to know of any developments with the proposals.

Can we just refuse to move, in the hope that the law will change soon?

About a year ago:

( From news media various:- )

"GP catchment areas to be scrapped 'by next autumn'"

"… the shadow health secretary Andrew Lansley described fixed boundaries as a 'solid wall of defence against patient choice.'"

“Shadow health secretary Andrew Lansley criticised the government for taking its time to abolish the boundaries.

"We've always argued that it was ludicrous for the government to talk about giving people a choice of GP when they restricted that choice based on their postcode," he said.

“That is why we announced plans to abolish practice boundaries two years ago."

Now:

As far as I can discern to date Health Minister Lansley is in full-scale retreat on this issue largely because of continuing opposition from the GP union within the BMA (masked with smiling blandishments). The practice boundaries remain and the power of GPs to ‘ban’ you if you try stay with the practice, after they have told you to go for being outside them, remains.

Prediction: in a few months time there will be a ‘quiet’ announcement of a wonderful negotiated ‘compromise’ meaning no change at all apart from a few cosmetic, face-saving ‘tweaks’: i.e the daylight reality will be that very few patients will effectively have any greater choice of a GP practice than they do now, if at all, and the chance to tell your rude\incompetent GP where to get off, or your less rude\apparently competent one that you will stay with him\her, will slip away into the night.

The last thing GPs collectively want to do is allow patients to vote with their feet. And once in power politicians so soon ‘overlook’ what they said in getting there.

I realise that this commentary is the the square root of squat all practical use to you, sadly, 68grace. I wish it were otherwise. Now your practice knows, they will almost certainly formally ‘ban’ you in due course if you do not change practice. You will get a couple of letters, including a list of other practices available to you to 're-enlist,' and that will be that. If you have the time and will to protest, I wish you all the best, and I hope you would come back and tell caggers how you get on. But your health comes first.

I am a patient of a GP practice within whose ‘boundaries’ I no longer reside. Legal brilliance? Naa…they just haven’t found out for the past year or so, and it’s highly unlikely they will ever be bothered to. The indifference and impersonality of millionaire GP practice cuts both ways.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I work for the NHS and have recently had a patient who stated that it was her right to attend which ever practice she chose. After confirming with the practice manager...I afraid to say that she was wrong. The plan to scrap boundaries for surgeries seems to have a died a death (from a rural surgery point of view that is a good thing..). It is still all about distance from the nearest surgery.

And (sorry to bang the NHS drum here...but...) if you move you need to let your GP surgery know, if they need to see you and issue you a prescription and the details on it (address) are incorrect it is classed as fraud.

Hope that helps (and more over that your dont hate me now!!!)

teapot

miss teapot, I’m afraid to say I think you are right. It does indeed look as if, as you say, “the plan to scrap practice boundaries has died a death.” And LOL! in my experience here, so far at least, nobody will hate you for expressing an honest view. You work for the NHS. Great. You are an asset, a MOLE!

But as regards those boundaries….the ‘plan’ died that death, despite gonvernmental express intentions to change the situation, patently and directly on account of the emphatic resistance of doctors to allowing patients that element of choice.

What comfort can be offered to patients literally dying a death in the hands of a practice they may, and by golly they may, have good reason greatly to dislike and distrust, but to which, in some cases, they may have precious little real and practical alternative ‘within boundaries?

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

On 17 September 2009 then Health Secretary Andy Burnham, announced plans to scrap GP catchment areas in England within a year.

Shadow Health Secretary at that time, Andrew Lansley, said that the Conservatives were also in favour of doing away with GP catchment areas.

However, since winning the election in 2010, the coalition government seems to have shelved this plan.

This means, the so called "NHS Choices" are really no choice at all.

If you would like to urge the government to reconsider the issue, please sign the petition below:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/38619

• 5 months later...

Just to update on this matter, there was a pilot scheme set up to run last year (2012) in parts of London, Manchester and Nottingham.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/government-announces-areas-for-2m-pilot-abolishing-gp-practice-boundaries/13247288.article

However, it got delayed. But there's still some movement on the issue:

http://www.gponline.com/News/article/1102052/Practice-boundaries-widened-commuters-register-near-work-2012-13-GMS-contract/

Also, this article seems to indicate that from April 2012 patients have been entitled to keep their GP if they move 'just out of area', albeit with a few conditions

http://www.wessexlmcs.com/boundary_less_practice_PCT_guidance

I'm not sure what 'just' is considered as.

Edited by Stillborn Crisps