Mortgage arrears claim letters, Please help !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

HI have posted before on this matter but have had no response from anyone.

I have closed my mortgage with Halifax last year and want to claim over £1100.00 in arrears charges from them.

I received the details from them of the charges and calculated the ammount, I forwarded this in a letter asking for a refund of the charges as I believed they were penalities, I also sent the letter on here outlining the case of Castaneda and Others v Clydebank Engineering and Shipbuilding Co Ltd., (1902) 12 SLT 49.

I also asked for them to detail their charges but they wrote back saying they beleived their costs were appiled in line with the terms and conditions of the mortgage account and they would not divulge the breakdown of charges as they were commercially sensitive.

I do not now know how to proceed and really need some help to carry this forward.

Ideally if there is a template letter somewhere that could be used it would be ideal. ( I have looked but cannot find one on the site)

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thankyou.

Hi Dancer199

It can be done in the same way as the bank charges,only you can claim back upto 12 years with a mortgage,whereas bank charges is 6 years.

Send them a SAR from the templates library & amend it to suit your needs,send it with £10 postal order or cheque recorded delivery,then you have proof it has been signed for.They then have 40 working days to reply back to you.

Hope this helps & good luck.

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s, of the investigating & prosecuting organisations:

DO NOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen. 

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633 

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643 

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955 

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 (part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders 

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : tel#0207 637 6236  

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Subprimefees/#detail