1st post - two questions ok maybe 3

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am already working with a dept management plan through CCCS. I have explained to them that I want to reclaim charges from the various banks and credit cards and they have advised that if I make the initial information request to be able to add up what I am owed they can then take over and make the actual repayment request.

My questions are

Is this the best way to do it by letting CCCS do all the work for me or would I be likely to get more back because it is in my interest to fight harder!! I haven't discussed with them whether they add the interest or if they would request further back than six years.

Also some of my repayments are to debt collectors. Would I make the request to them or to the originating bank?

And last but not least if this is not the correct forum to ask these questions which forum should I use. I'm in scotland so if claiming personally it would be scottish court but I presume CCCS are English law.

Thanks for all that you do here

Cat

I would presume that CCCs will want a cut of what you claim back as a fee, unless they have said otherwise.

There are a number of fiems now touting for this type of business and charging a third or more of what your claiming.

Some people have claimed back more than six years, the threads are in the forum.

You should start the process by either sending a DPA-SAR request to the bank who charged you in the first place, or, if you already have your statements then go to the preliminary request for repayment stage. All the templates you need are in the templates library.

And finally, if you are in scotland then there is a slightly different procedure for you to follow and i think you have a five year limit.

Im not 100% certain but i think the six year thing is because the DPA-SAR request only gets you the last six years details. If im wrong could someone please clarify.

So anyway, welcome to the forum and good luck with your claim, although you dont need luck, just do plenty of reading in the areas relevant to your claim and you will succeed.

Hope this helps

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

No, the CCCS are a charity - they will not take any money off of you at all.

They will probable, however, split the money you get back between your creditors - probably the highest chunk going to the most expensive debts first (if they have any sense, and from what I have heard about CCCS - they do have sense!)

The DPA SAR would be sent to the company that broke the law in the first place - the bank. In Scotland the Limitations Act means that you are restricted to the first 5 years, not 6 as is the case in England.

However, have a read around - there is a strong argument that you have been deceived as to the lawfullness of these charges and thus the statute of limitations can be extended.

It doesn't matter where you or the CCCS are based - which country was the contract signed in? If Scotland, then Scottish law it is.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Thanks for correcting me dave.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks for those replies guys. I think I'll chaseup the banks then speak with CCCS a bit more to find out exactly what they will do before handing over the paperwork.