Will this help at an appeal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have already posted this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/employment-problems/256905-help-dismissal-please-gross.html#post2892199 if you need to know the full details please look here - I have had some helpful replies.

However, while waiting for my appeal date against gross dismissal, I have been doing some research but want peoples opinions if this will help me or not.

I have taken a look at the ACAS disciplinary procedures, and it seems my employer didn't follow the disciplinary procedure properly. Basically, I was suspended on full pay for one week for a "full investigation", however, in the disciplinary hearing, my employer had not viewed the CCTV footage and decided to view it during the adjournment time. ACAS state that the adjournment time during the disciplinary should be used to "look at the employee's record, take into account any other sanctions the employee has and take into account any other special circumstances". All of which my employer did not and has not done.

Also, during the disciplinary hearing, my employer did not take into account the witness statement (which also supported what happened that day - in my favour) nor did he take into account anything else, just a 2 minute CCTV footage and "his own beliefs" (his words)

Will bringing this up at my appeal help as I feel he has not taken everything into account, and it felt like he had decided to dismiss me before I'd even entered the room!

Many Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard,

You should tread carefully here as a failure to follow the Code does not, in itself, make your company liable to proceedings.

The question you MUST ask is... was dismissal, as a sanction, one within the range of reasonable responses to the conduct which a reasonable employer might reasonably have imposed?

Your employer did not take into account various parameters... (a) attendance, (b) never had an accident, etc... and did not take into account the witness statement.

The face value of your contract of employment is also a matter to be raised. Do you truly and reasonably believe that it is an underlying reason for their decision to summarily dismiss you?

I, also, remind you that your employer has to act consistently... and should impose similar sanctions to similar offences...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.