Kensington... Continued

hammers69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent Kensington a letter telling them they had robbed me and I want back over £3000 and I want it in a cheque made out to so n so and I want it immediately...In almost those words I sent them a letter it was a bad day & I am sick of being robbed by these people. Lol funny enough I got a reply telling me that my complaint was being dealt with, 1 week later I get a response. They say their charges are lawful, as I signed a loan agreement I am bound by all their t&cs. Theyhave then continued with a breakdown of costs for returned DD etc. Then at the end of the letter they offer me a full & final settlement of £323 which theygot from

3X 100% monthly arrears management fees

6X 50% of monthly arrears management fees

1X direct debit cancellation fee

1X credit control fee

I am not accepting it. Even though I think it's funny as hell. Especially as the figure I demanded back was the figure they took me to court for to try to get repossession of my property on ( they didn't ).

Just wondering what my next step is.

• 1 month later...

Sent them another letter after finding out about their little bit of bad luck saying I won't accept their poxy offer and to have another look at the figures and get back to me. They did and said it was that offer or nothing as that's all I'm entitled too. So now at a point of do I send another letter accepting or try & fight this...??? I don't know :(

Good morning,

I would send Kensington a Subject Access Request (if you have not already done so).

This will do 2 things:

1. Show them that you are looking into the case further,

2. Show them that you might know your rights (I am sure you do - but at present they don't know that) and that you intend to pursue matters further.

You could always add a line to your letter which says : "Your attention is drawn to the following: In order to safeguard the position of both parties : All correspondence in this case both incoming and outgoing is being copied to the FSA."

I know it is a bit like rubbing salt in the wound, but it should make them take notice that you are not going to take any 'shenanigans' from them!

Kind regards

Dougal