Need Urgent Help Please :-(

Glamsy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have got a question regarding my car insurance, In 2006 I had my car insurance for nearly a year when I was involved in a car accident totally my fault other car was parked in the car park I panicked and left without doing anything(stupid) I know but I was young and naive and it was my first car accident. After few days I had to renew my car insurance I changed my insurers and did not inform them about the accident neither did I informed my previous insurer about the incident. On my policy I told them I had NCB for a year. Few months down the line I received a letter from the police and the company representing the other driver asking me about the incident and the insurance details. I called up my old insurers and told them about the accident and admitted liability. i did not hear anything from them after that.

My first question is Its been over four years now does that mean case is setteled and other party has been paid off?

Secondly I recently left my second insurer for a new insurance quote I did have 2 non fault accidents with them but I did not make a claim so I was given a 3 year NCB....I stupidly again did not mention the accidents to my third insurer but they looked into my insurance history and found 2 accidents from my previous insurers and changed my premium according to that but they did not say anything about the first claim from my origional insurance Why is that?

Third I am looking to buy a new car now and would like to declare all 3 claims on my insurance policy do you think it would create any problems for me?

If I were to tell my new insurers about the first accident claim now, Can 2nd and third insurer ask me to pay for the difference as I did not tell them about my first claim when I was insured with them?

Also as I have mentioned before when I took out my second insurance policy I told them I had 1 year NCB which was true because there was no claim on first insurance at that time. I had insurance cover with the second insurer for two years and at the end when I took out the new policy I was sent 3 years NCB which I have used with my 3rd insurer and on cancelling my policy after few months I was sent my 3 years NCB. The only problem I have got with this scenorio is that I think 2nd insurer has added my 1 year NCB from 1st insurer to their 2 years NCB.Is it ok for me to use 3 year NCB for my new insurance? I will disclose all my accidents and claim history to them.

I am going to write to CUE and ask them about any claims they may have about my insurance history but I have read that it can take upto 40 days and I need car insurance urgently I dont know if I am being over cautious but I dont want to get into any trouble and dont want my insurance policy being cancelled.

Sorry for the long essay but it was difficult to explain this mess that I have created in fewer words.

Many thanks

Tell them everything and they'll decide what needs to be declared. End of the day the call handler wont want to loose your business by giving you an expensive premium. It's better to declare all than face the issues at a later date.

As the guv says, declare it all and take your chance on the premium.

Non disclosure of material facts will come back and bite you big time.

It's not worth the risk in the event of a serious accident and might well haunt you for ever. With insurance on cars as it's been abused for so long, they are getting very wise with cross checks etc so even if you managed to hide the history sooner or later they will uncover it, usually at the time when you need the cover.

But make sure you confirm the declared items in writing, I made the mistake of declaring the things on my car to Morethan- told they didn't count, then upon a claim they tried to nit-pic the things that they said didn't matter! So from now on I always request the declarations to be listed AND COVERED!

Thanks guys...I am going to tell them about all the accidents!!! But what about NCB do I tell them I have got 3 years NCB?which I have got the proof for from my last insurer.

The last 2 incidents you say were recorded aas "non fault" so should not have affected your insurance quotation anyway (even though you say they did). That's by the by now so move on.

Many insurances request details of accidents in the past 4 years, for others it is 5. According to your first post, the original accident was more than 4 years ago and therefore may not even need declaring.

As to your 3 years recorded NCB from your current company, again, it is perfectly valid as the 2 most recent accidents were "non fault" and should not have stopped you accuring NCB, which obviously they haven't. You need to declare these accidents to your new insurer, confirming they were non fault, and you can still legally submit your proof of NCB as being 3 years as stated.

I need to check my NCB, I've had one claim which was when the car was broken into and the entertainment kit stolen out of it- I don't know if that effects my NCB though as they have indicated in the past that it wouldnt but I would need to confirm this once the repairs/replacements had been dealt with. Another is a non-fault on a business policy. At the moment my insurance is based on no-ncb.