HP car finance invoice £3000 urgent advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have posted this on a different forum, but would like to see if I can get more advice from this board.

I am extremely angry after receiving an invoice from Mercedes finance for nearly £3000 after I returned the hire purchase car. They have claimed I have poorly repaired the car, when I have never repaired the vehicle. I have incorrect number plate fonts when I never changed the number plates from the ones given by the dealership I purchased it from. I am now thinking the car dealership sold me a car that had been repaired, as a brand new car.

The only things I agree to in the invoice is the excess milege and the missing service history.

Do you think I should write stating the things I agreee to pay and the things I don't? And then pay for that and then let them chase the rest. Or should I refuse to pay anything until those issues regarding repairs they are claiming I made to the vehicle, which I never, are all removed from the invoice?

I never missed a payment and I have paid over half the cost of the vehicle brand new. They have had about £8500 from me and now want another £3000 from me and I don't even have a car to show for this. And bear in mind they will sell the car and make money from this. I am not concerned about the money I have lost. I am just not prepared to pay more for things they have made up.

I will also post this on the consumer rights forum.

Thanks in advance.

I am so angryangry-smiley-030.gif.

Did they bring any of this up with you when you handed the car back in person or has all this been done retrospectively?

What repairs are they? Is it to do with natural wear and tear or more serious issues? How long did you have the car? In terms of the number plates were there any distinguishing marks on them from a particular garage? For example from a dealership? (the mercedes dealer where you bought them?)I think all number plates these days have a bar code on them which tells the DVLA or police where they were fabricated? and maybe when? I know my 'newish' ones do but i'm not an expert on that.

I wouldn't pay anything quite yet until and if you can get more info from them, depending on what you have already.