Won ESA appeal but shortlived help and advice needed

rightsforme
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi rightsforme,

As honeybee says, we're all rooting for you. What you're being put through defies logic to me. There is no beaurocratic rationale that will ever make this situation sound right and fair.

I do hope you keep going and I truly hope you achieve your goal of getting well enough for work.

As for struggling on the reduced rate of ESA I have so much empathy. I too have been in exactly the same situation where I've had to turn the heating off to help make ends meet. I did find, though, my electricity company quite helpfull. It may be worthwhile looking to see if there is anything they can do for you.

Do keep posting and letting us know how you're doing. I certainly want to know, even if all I can do is offer a bit of moral support and a virtual hug!

Best wishes.

Rae.

• Haha 1

Hi rightsforme,

I can't see why you need worry about losing your home. You are with a housing association and entitled to HB. In the bizarre and unlikely event you fail another ATOSH assesment then surely you can appeal again? [Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can confirm or contradict that].

Is there anything you can chase up regarding your assertion you shouldn't be forced into another 'medical'?

Can I just ask about your PTSD? All I know is what you said earlier. Is it linked to your accident or caused by something else? I'm not looking for personal details, just musing...

Best wishes.

Rae.

Hi,

I was curious about your PTSD as a friend of mine suffered from this. But his was due to his military service. Sadly, I believe he finally committed suicide overseas. Details are sketchy and I doubt if I'll ever know the truth.

It remains a very serious illness that us average bods in the street fail to appreciate and understand. And that, obviously, translates up to those average bods in the street who work at the DWP or ATOSH. As I was reading your post, I had a particular charity in mind. You've probably come across them, Combat Stress. Ok, their focus is on the military but they may be worth a contact if you haven't already considered it. They understand PTSD incredibly well. If they can't offer advice - due to, perhaps, dealing only with the military - I would expect them to at least listen to you and point you in the right direction.

I do understand 'suicidal'. I was there twice. Not a place I intend to revisit.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Service-related Mental Ill Health - Combat Stress

PS: I can't think of anyone more deserving my 1000th post! 8)

Edited by RaeUK
typoo