Jump to content

How do I get help from benefits rights worker?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



Ive been claiming incapacity benefit for a few years for a serious stomach/bowel condition that means I am unable to work.


I always scored enough points but last year suprise suprise I scored zero points! the medical report resemebles no correlation to the conversation I had with the 'doctor' it really was a joke


Anyway Ive now appealed and sent in a letter from my GP, they said they are not going to change the decision and everything now being sent to the tribunaral service.


To be honest Im so worried about it and think that It may be best to get help from a benefit rights worker after reading through help forums but Im not sure how to get in contact with one? can anyone help me find one


many thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi maestro,

Can I guess it was ATOS who failed you?

From what little I've gleaned, Benefits Rights Workers can either be found via your local council or working with your local CAB.

Best wishes.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maestro, don't worry too much about this, you're not alone by any means, as a read of this forum will show.


As I like to say, don't get mad, get even. A welfare rights person will be a big help, but we can help you build a case. Neil is doing the same for his DLA appeal, if you have time to look at his and other threads.


Lots of us have been through this, you'll be fine.

Illegitimi non carborundum




Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelcou is spot on; go to your local council and ask if they can give you contact details for the Welfare Rights Representation Unit. They will assist you from here.


Also get as much letters of support as you can muster from all of your healthcare professionals, find contradictions in the medical report.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.



Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)





Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...