Opinion please vs Welcome

grantyblade
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

wannabedebtfreesoon is laughing repo off private property no default and no termination :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If my account is supposedly terminated, who's responsible now for the upkeep of the car? It is still in my possession, however if they have terminated the account, and then surely have to still get court order to repossess? Am I liable for the car when it is terminated basically? Any ideas?

Any thoughts on the above? It's just that the MOT and tax runs out end April, guessing they won't repo car very quickly?? But stuck as to whether MOT it and Tax it. Have another car to start using anyway. Would save me a lot of money if I didn't need to, so long as I'm not breaking the terms of the agreement, but then I guess I've been terminated from that - right!!?? Who knows what welcome think!? Plus as the car is now 'just sat outside in the elements' wear and tear/rust/ etc.. could set in? Would I have to keep the car insured. I'm presuming not but anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks all

I would be inclined to sorn it....our car was taken 11th march as of 1st of april its sorn'd ;) i wasnt getting into trouble for it not being taxed its not my car anymore even if the logbook is still in hubbys name! when they took the car they didnt take ANY documents so no proof there is even an mot and without knowing where it was done no chance of a copy of the mot cert either so again I probably wouldnt bother as long as its off the road. The other reason I sorn'd it was because they said it was going into storage.....a likely story!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

I think that's what I'll do at end of month - SORN it. It just all comes down to who owns the car at the moment? Surely it is still my car until they get a court order to repo. Could they get me for not MOT'ing? Would it have to be insured by myself until they repo? Cos what if some little rascal decides to come and smash a few windows or scratch the car - is it their car now or mine until court order. Would love it if it's theirs and it happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So did you decide against the VT??

You've paid more than a third, the car is protected goods. MOT it, tax it, insure it, take care of it and use it. Court orders take a long time and you will get notification from the court about any proceedings. For that hearing you will have opportunity to dispute their claim and put forward your arguments, (which in my opinion are very valid), and possibly make a counter claim, (I'd go for unfair relationship if it were me). At the very least you'd have the chance to put forward a payment proposal based on your circumstances in order to keep the car, (and because it'll be under the watchful eye of a judge, it'll be very favourable not the usual extortion Welcome offer!).

But this is Welcome we're talking about, the chances are they'll illegally repo in the hope you won't take court action :D