travelling payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work in a shop and have always been paid as hours if i have to go to a meeting in another area, now my manager casually said we dont get paid now, soon i am at a meeting that is gonna be a 15 hour day and he says ill just get 8 hrs for it, do you think he,s pulling a fast one so it doesnt reflect on his hours budget, there is a few of us in this position in the shops that are in my area, and not sure what to do about it if anything, any advice please?

Do you have a written statement of the terms and conditions of employment that says anything about this? What are your normal working hours?

If it has been implied by precedent that you are paid to attend these meetings, they can't suddenly change their minds. That would be a breach of contract.

I will dig my contract out and have a look but i have covered other shops and gone to superviser meetings for the last 6 years on numerous occasions and got paid for the hours and mileage/train tickets.... another company took us over 1 and a half yrs ago but we havent had any new contracts, and my manager said he didnt think it was fair that we should lose the travelling hrs so on the quiet take them in the week and record as working, now that is fiddling the system to me, which is a sackable offence,

Exactly. Don't resort to fiddling things to make up your hours, that could backfire terribly.

You need to write to your manager, pointing out that it's been established by precedent that you're paid to attend these meetings.

yes i wouldnt do it anyway, but if it was all above board he wouldnt have said take the hrs in the week, he would have just said thats it no more travelling hours.......... he also said if we got found out he would hold his hand up, lol, yeah right, I will go through my contract aswell and let you know the outcome, thankyou very much