• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Blair Oliver & Scott

or as we refer to them "Bag of Sh---

I had a letter from them on 17th Feb and rang them but they were bullying me into upping my repayment which i cannot afford to do, they would not accept this and said they would take further action, we have had at least a dozen missed calls from them since. I sent off the Subject Access letter which at first they denied receiving until I told them who had signed for it. I have had another letter today threatening me with all sorts and I rang them again, they have agreed to an increase of £1 per month which they would not consider last week but have demanded an income and expenditure list, I have told them they are not legally entitled to ask for this as I believe only a Court can do this and they say If I don't send it they can refuse my offer of payment and take the matter further.

I have told them what will happen if they try to Doorstep Visit but can they force me to provide details, all my finances are joint with my Husband and he refuses to give them his details as it is none of their business.

I would appreciate any advice

Hi Twyford,

What type of debt is this for? Loan, CC etc? They are not legally entitled to view income and expenditure, I believe it is only a judge whom can view it, and this is only once it gets to court. It seems you are a long way off of that at the moment. I think maybe the first point of call is to get proof of this debt by way of CPR and take it from there, maybe others will be able ot help more.

For all reading, just found this interesting link on BO&S

http://www.blair-oliver-and-scott.dpcregistry.co.uk/

Edited by BonM
Updating

1st things 1st. Stop calling these twits. Do everything in writing from now on. You do not have to give them Income and Expenditure only a Judge is entitled to see that.

Is this a loan, credit card, overdraft or something else. The more details you can give us then the better we can help.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Hi Thanks everyone, this was a Bank Of Scotland credit card which I got behind with and they kept adding charges and interest even though I sent them what I could, It finally went to Blair etc in January last year and they write to me very so often to try and bully me into paying more, i told the woman today that I was not legally obliged to give her my Income & expenditure and she said they had the right to refuse my offer of payment if I didn't and take it further.

Hence why you MUST keep everything in writing only, how are you going to prove that she has said they are allowed to refuse your offers of payment? You can't and when you tell a judge that they said so, they will simply deny it.

Blair Oliver & Snot = Bank Of Scotland

Keep everything in writing from now on, if they ring tell them 'everything in writing' and hang up, keep a record of all their calls,times and dates and amount.

How old is the Credit Card? What is the amount owing, and have they sent you a default notice, or even a termination notice?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

I have received today a large package containing all the paperwork alledgedly that BOS hold re my credit card, most of what they have written is total rubbish but there you go. I have seen something somewhere that if the agreement was signed before a certain date and doesn't contain the correct wording I can challenge the debt.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct and what steps I can take now before they start bullying me again

whilst they have no right to demand your I & E i would suggest that where you are attempting to make an offer, and the more so when you are offering a nominal monthly payment- it is more than reasonable that you supply them with sufficient information to show that you cannot pay anymore than that

If they decline your offer and in court they state that they did so because you would not co operate by showing that this was a genuine offer- you will not be on the judge's christmas card list anytime soon -

IMO you either co operate with them in arriving at agreed payments- which means compromise on both sides...

or you tell them to sod off

you cant have your cake and eat it

I have been paying them the amount I can afford for over a year and increased it twice because of their bullying tactics, its not that I am not paying them, just their insistance that I keep upping the payment even though my circumstances have not changed

I have been paying them the amount I can afford for over a year and increased it twice because of their bullying tactics, its not that I am not paying them, just their insistance that I keep upping the payment even though my circumstances have not changed

with respect- if the debt is large and the payments small- they are entitled to think that you might be able to afford to pay mor

all the more reason to prove to them from your I & E that you cannot afford more

it;s your choice but just as you dont HAVE to tell them - so they dont HAVE to accept your reduced payments and/or reduce/cancel interest

ps i take it that what you are paying IS actually reducing the debt?

if not- stop paying

Hiya, was this a Bank of Scotland Preference Account by any chance?

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.