Welcome Finance Default Notice

laverda1147
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I shouldn't be worried that they would come and repossess yet should I? they haven't mentioned it yet? Car is just in residential parking area in a bay marked for my car. I have private plate on car, guess I should get that removed ASAP!? If they did repossess with my plate on it, could I claim theft? What if they took it with any of my possessions within it? Guess I may need to start a new thread? What about when I give them car back and the number plate will be different from their paperwork!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wannabedebtfreesoon: the car is parked on the road, we do not have a garage or drive

That is a shame. As you have paid less than a third they can repossess it off the road without a court order. Unfortunately Welcome are on a repossession spree at the moment and will stoop to any lengths to take peoples' cars irrespective of the legalities.

The good news is that if they do terminate and repossess you will only be liable for the arrears on your defective default notice if they take you to court for the remainder of the balance.

Personally, if I were you I would make preparations for when they take your car, alternatively you may want to come to a payment arrangement with them if you want to keep your car.

They have a nasty habit of not playing by the rules,

All the best of luck to you, I know how terrible it feels.

I shouldn't be worried that they would come and repossess yet should I? they haven't mentioned it yet? Car is just in residential parking area in a bay marked for my car. I have private plate on car, guess I should get that removed ASAP!? If they did repossess with my plate on it, could I claim theft? What if they took it with any of my possessions within it? Guess I may need to start a new thread? What about when I give them car back and the number plate will be different from their paperwork!!

When it comes to Welcome ALWAYS be worried they will come!!!

Grantyblade: No I haven't received a TN

Any advice is freely given. Most of the advice given is information I have learnt from CAG and fellow Caggers. I am in no way legally trained, so please do not take my advice/opinion as gospel

Grantyblade: I am also looking into unlawful charges they have placed on my account (telephone calls etc) I already know these to be unlawful but need to find info about how I go about claiming them back from this incompetetant company.

Any advice is freely given. Most of the advice given is information I have learnt from CAG and fellow Caggers. I am in no way legally trained, so please do not take my advice/opinion as gospel

Well I have checked and rechecked, welcome has not sent a credit agreement for the re write of the original agreement. The new agreement was signed on 2008 and I only have the original agreement which was signed in 2006.

I'm pretty sure they should have sent a copy of the agreement for 2008, so what should I do now?

Edited by laverda1147

And having rechecked I have a brokerage payment paid to themselves which is clearly for someone elses car:rolleyes:

Edited by laverda1147
spelling

Any help appreciated, should i have a copy of the agreement which was signed in January 2008 as wqell as the one signed in 2008?

Any help appreciated, should i have a copy of the agreement which was signed in January 2008 as wqell as the one signed in 2008?

sar should provide ALL agreements!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Laverda,

Since your (invalid) DN have you made any further payments or planning to do so? or have you been in contact to discuss paying? Are you trying to keep the car? I'm not wanting to keep mine (have paid over half), I'm trying to prove that their DN and then there TN are invalid therefore my VT to them should be valid and should be acted upon and am aware that I would have to pay arrears. They wouldn't/couldn't repo car unless they issued TN to you.

I'm really interested to about how to claim back many many letter and telephone charges added to my account, how do we go about doing it? Can we? Especially the telephone ones as welcome always asked me if i'd like them to phone me a day or two before paymwent was due to remind me to pay. these were supposedly 'courtesy calls' but i've been charged each time!

Beyondhope: It doesn't so should I write telling them this and are there any templates for this?

Grantyblade: The charges are unlawful and can be claimed. There is no way it costs them £5 for a phonecall etc and so these charges are disproportionate. I have been researching this and found a few template letters. I have adapted one I found and will copy it into my next post.

Apparently we can also charge interest on the charges at a rate of 8% from the date the charge was applied to the account.

(Your Address)

(Date)

Welcome Financial services

Compliance department

Ruddington Fields Business park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Taken down. (if you want to see it PM me, too many "guests")

Edited by laverda1147

Beyondhope: It doesn't so should I write telling them this and are there any templates for this?

Im unsure how non compliance would work due to account in dispute not really counting for anything anymore. Id be inclined to just write them a letter requesting any docs you feel are missing but state including but not limited to so they can provide everything they havent given already.

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

laverda,

fantastic letter, thank you. Anyone had any success with welcome and charges? I've just realised on my statements that they've charged me for apying by cheque certain months. £1.67 charge! I was never told it would cost me to pay by cheque. Do I add interest to these charges too? At 8%?

laverda,

fantastic letter, thank you. Anyone had any success with welcome and charges? I've just realised on my statements that they've charged me for apying by cheque certain months. £1.67 charge! I was never told it would cost me to pay by cheque. Do I add interest to these charges too? At 8%?

Ive had all charges refunded on both accounts just by adding it into my normal moaning letters lol no 8% added though but thats because it wasnt an official request so to speak it was you have added charges what are you going to do about it

I'm betting they just refund to the account

Edited by laverda1147

Brilliant - in terms of the charges should I wait and hope the account is properly terminated so therefore the refund would come off my arrears? Or if I do it know will they just take them off the full balance which I won't be paying anyway!!!!!!

Grantyblade: If they don't respond within the time limit, then its small claims court and N1

Hopefully, if I'm wrong someone will tell us but I have researched this pretty thoroughly

Im unsure how non compliance would work due to account in dispute not really counting for anything anymore. Id be inclined to just write them a letter requesting any docs you feel are missing but state including but not limited to so they can provide everything they havent given already.

Would this edited edition a CAG template be ok? (see next post)

[

Typically it wont post it :(

Edited by laverda1147

I'm betting they just refund to the account

Mine were! All telephone, letter and home call charges were refunded to the accounts but i didnt properly request them asking for 8% etc so i cant moan about it really lol