Getting a Default amended on my Credit Record

removalman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Can anyone give me some advice please?

I had a Credit Card Default on my credit record relating to Citi Card.

I recently agreed (and paid) through agents appointed by Citi a full and final settlement figure of 10p in the £ which was pleasing.

Anyway, I'd now like to make sure that this settlement is reflected on my credit report.

Is it a reasonable expectation on my part part that Citi will automatically update my record to show the debt as "settled" or "satisfied" or whatever the terminology is, or do I need to force the issue myself and if so, what is the best way of ensuring that my credit record is amended. Obviously I could apply a Notice of Correction, but my perception is they're pretty much worthless so I'd welcome any guidance about how I get either Citi and/or the Credit Reference Agencies to change their records.

Many thanks.

Not absolutely sure but I think that Citi have 28 days to amend your files. It would not hurt to send a copy of your final receipt confirming F & F settlement received to the CRA's.

However, do no expect too much, most of my accounts are closed/settled/satisfied but it does not make much difference to my credit score and will not until their 6 years is up.